chapter 48

In the sixth layer, there were no stairs to descend.

Everyone walked through the Return-Gate with as much dragon material as they could carry in their item bags, went through the Return-Gate, and found themselves in front of the entrance to the Dungeon.

The light and air were very familiar to Lysette.

But the surface world she saw was nothing like the one she knew before entering the dungeon.

She was experiencing discomfort rather than nostalgia.

—It’s the Barrier.

The goddess’ barrier that covered the world became thinner and tattered as a fraying tapestry.

The sheer devastation made Lysette dizzy.

—What are you doing, Meldiana?

Saint is in charge of repairing the barrier.

The fact that the barrier is on the verge of collapse means that Saint Meldiana is not doing her job.

And what is Saint Meldiana doing when the barrier is about to fall?

“Lysette.”

Leonhardt wraps a cloth around her head. So they don’t see her face.

“Thank you.”

—I’d completely forgotten I was on the bounty.

Under the suspicious eyes of the adventurers, Lysette and her friends go to the church as planned.

They entered the Church of the Goddess on Norun territory. Accompanying them was Douglas, a church knight.

They are led into the church’s cathedral.

The church knights stand in front of the doors and by the windows on the walls, surrounding Lysette and the others.

The atmosphere is not welcoming. The church appears to have a negative opinion of the Lysettes.

As they wait and look at the goddesses depicted in the stained glass windows, three priests walk into the sanctuary.

Leading them is a young priest whom Lysette first met when she arrived in Norun.

She vaguely recalls fleeing his explanation and making her way to the dungeon.

Lysette removed the cloth she was wearing and proceeded to the point without saying any greetings.

“I have something I want you to buy for the Church of the Goddess, a Goddess relic found in the dungeon’s lowest level.”

“A relic?”

The eyes of the audience were filled with suspicion.

Lysette understands that this is not an easy story to believe.

Lysette takes a burning flame from her item-bag.

“This is the goddess of fire’s hair.”

It appears to be nothing more than a flame.

However, if you look closely, you will notice that it is a strand of burning hair.

The cathedral is now filled with sounds.

“How about a hundred million dollars in gold?”

“If it’s 100 million…”

“It’s a goddess’ relic. I believe it is reasonably priced. If you can’t, there are other options for converting it, so…”

“Please wait. I’ll call an appraiser.”

As the priest said this without losing his composure, a new person came into the hall.