Chapter 38

Chapter 38: Move Towards the Future

The dungeon is not only visited by criminals.

People flock to dangerous dungeons and venture into the depths of the unknown.

Unknown treasures, fame, miracles, secrets. In other words, dreams.

People are drawn to dreams.

Leonhardt is looking for Lysette’s hope in something at the bottom. Something that deviates from the norm.

“It’s probably the same as the first goal. It strikes me as reckless.”

“You can’t be certain.”

Leonhardt says firmly, gripping his sword’s hilt. The Adamant Sword.

“I’m stronger now than I’ve ever been. Perhaps it’s due to Lysette’s cooking.”

“My monster cuisine?”

“Yes. I’m sure it has a strong energizing effect. Now I can protect everyone while also healing.”

Lysette was aware of the energizing effect as well.

She suspected it was due to the monster cuisine that she never ran out of magic, no matter how much she used.

The Dungeon’s blessings were truly a blessing, which touched her heart.

The splendor of the monster cuisine moved her.

Lysette’s strength is derived from the monsters she encountered, fought, cooked, and ate.

“…You know, even if you could conquer the dungeon and pay Lysette’s fine, I wouldn’t live in this country with a Saint for a sister.”

Dee is cool as a cucumber. The point is most likely correct.

“I guess so.”

“Is that your guess?”

For a brief moment, Lysette stammers.

—There is nothing like that.

“If I had the freedom…”

“You have the ability to cross the sea.”

She looks up at the sound of Leonhardt’s voice.

The moment their eyes met, she saw a sea that she knew only in pictures. Sparkling and golden.

“I’m familiar with sea routes. Let me handle it.”

“Leon…”

Beyond the sea, the unknown.

A place where no one knows Lysette. She saw the future there. Lysette’s heart bursts open, and she leaps to her feet.

“Thank you very much. I want to go!”

“Oh…”

“…Well, I promised to accompany you once. Dragon huh. But! Even if I can’t help in the battle, I still get my fair share of rewards. Understand?!”

“Both of you—thanks a lot!”

Her eyes became warm, so she wiped them with her fingers.

“I’m glad I met both of you. Right. Please hold this.”

She hands over the item [Heart-Substitution] to Dee and Leonhardt, allowing them to escape the dungeon and revive themselves in the event of death.

“Kanatoko-san gave it to me. We should all have it on hand just in case.”

Kanatoko gave one to her.

And one from the elven alchemist.

Lysette has two in total, but she no longer has one for herself. She’s acting as if she had.