Chapter 11

Chapter 11: If You Don’t Mind Me

Lysette exhaled a warm breath after finishing the soup. Her stomach is feeling warmer. It seems that the exploration on the ice appears to have used up more of her body heat than she had anticipated.

“I feel bad saying this after all of your help… I had no idea I’d end up eating monsters.”

“Fufu, Didn’t it open a new door?”

Lysette laughed as she cleaned up, and Leonhardt laughed softly.

But what do they eat in the dungeon if not monsters? It was a straightforward question.

Food brought in from outside would be insufficient to sustain them, and the amount of food they could bring in would be limited. They are unlikely to be able to explore for an extended period of time.

“Did you get separated from the party as well?”

“No, I’m not in a party with anyone.”

“You’re not—Are you going to the dungeon by yourself?”

Leonhardt is taken aback.

Lysette wondered if it was that unusual.

“Aside from me, Leon-san must have lost his friends. I can help you find them if you like.”

Lysette is grateful to Leonhardt for his assistance in the Adventurer’s Guild, though he doesn’t seem to recall it.

She wanted to help Leonhardt until she knew he was safe.

” No, I…”

Leonhardt’s expression begins to fade.

He doesn’t appear to want to talk about it.

“If you don’t want to answer it, you don’t have to talk about it.”

Lysette was curious, but that was just curiosity. She has no desire to coerce people into disclosing their secrets.

“What are your plans for the future? Are you going to look for them, return, or continue on? You don’t seem to be feeling well right now, so think about it until you do. I’m also going to rest here for a while.”

She increased the heat to stay warm.

On the ground, the magical fire flickered. It was a lovely red flame.

A few moments of silence pass.

“…It’s a stupid story.”

“Yes…”

“… My friends left because they said they couldn’t handle my case.”

“Well…”

“I appreciate you. My body would have rotted away if you hadn’t found me. I apologize for being in this layer.”

“No, it’s each other’s business.”

“…”