Chapter 9

Chapter 9: The second layer is the water area

“…I think it’s time to raise the stakes…”

That’s what Lysette thinks after spending a long time in the dungeon.

Her sense of time was a little hazy, but she’d been in the dungeon for quite some time. Approximately 20 days.

She is hopeful that she will be considered dead on the surface because she has not left the dungeon for so long.

And she had a lot of things that could be sold for money.

At this point, she decides to go back to the surface to get some gold, gather information, and buy the things she needs.

“All right, let’s take one last look at the second layer before we go.”

She decided to do so and set out in search of the stairs that led down, which she soon discovered. It’s as if they were there because Lysette wanted them to be.

She was a little disappointed this time because there were no giant flying sea urchins nearby.

—Come to think of it, I never met another adventurer.

She’s curious if she’ll see anyone on the next layer.

Lysette went down the stairs, more nervous than usual but also more excited about the unknown dungeon.

The dungeon’s first level was a forest, but the second level had a different environment. The ground was stone rather than earth, there was no sky above but a ceiling, and the majority of the area was covered in water.

It felt like she was in an underground aqueduct.

Fortunately, she didn’t need a lamp because there was so much light coming through the moss growing everywhere.

“It’s amazing how quickly things can change. I’m curious about what’s going on here.”

She looked down at the water.

The water is absolutely clear. She can see fish swimming in the water but not the bottom. Maybe it’s deeper than she thought. There was also a distinct salty odor.

【Appraisal】 Seawater. Salt, trace metals, and aether are present.

“Seawater…? How could there be seawater here?”

The Dungeon is located in the mountains. The ocean is a long way away. This far out, there is no way to get seawater. That means the seawater is created within the dungeon.

“The dungeon is truly another world.”

Lysette shakes her head. She’s taken aback.

She was supposed to take a quick look around and then return, but she was convinced it was better to take a closer look and continue down the aisle.

“The footholds aren’t great… It’s extremely slippery due to the seaweed and other debris. Monsters may appear from behind… Hmm, that’s right!”

【Water-Magic(Beginner)】【Manipulation-Magic】

“Freeze!”

The entire surface of the water freezes over as far as the eye can see. The ice is thick, and she tested it by putting her foot on it, then standing on it with both feet, but it showed no signs of cracking.

“Yes, a huge success!”

She is now free to go anywhere.

Lysette’s quick stride takes her onto the ice, where a frozen fish is stuck to her feet.