Chapter 34

Chapter 34: The Dwarven Blacksmith

“You did an excellent job—now I can grow vegetables with peace of mind. But the cost was high…”

Kanatoko looks at the battle-torn fields with a melancholy look on his face and holds Leonhardt’s sword in both hands.

The heat has not only tattered but also melted the sword. The chimera’s flames melted it, and Lysette’s magic froze it, destroying its original shape and strength.

“Hey, will you fix the sword as promised?”

“Don’t be silly. I have no choice but to cast this again.”

When he is rudely rebuffed, Dee’s mouth twitches.

“Hey, Leon, you should speak up as well—you’ve been the most diligent worker—If you don’t act, we’ll be working for free.”

“No, I don’t believe it can be fixed any longer. I don’t want to be unreasonable…”

“What’s unreasonable about that?! These days’ youth…”

Kanatoko appeared to be offended by Leonhardt’s words, and sheathed the sword angrily.

“…and where do you think you’re going in the first place?”

“Of course, to kill the dragon!”

Lysette triumphantly responded. Her initial goal of defeating a dragon was the “Dragon Steak”, which remains unchanged.

“The dragon in the sixth layer?”

Kanatoko tilts his head slightly, thinking about something.

“Hmm. If you’ve come here, it must be the goddess’ will.”

He mutters something and raises his head. with a determined expression.

“OK, fine. I’ll craft you a new sword fit for slaying a dragon. But you will have to assist me.”

“It’s a privilege to witness a dwarf’s blacksmithing work up close and personal! What should I do?”

Lysette, who has been summoned to the forge, inquires eagerly.

“Well, I’d like you to adjust the fire magically. The temperature of the fire is critical.”

adjusting the fire in the forge.

While watching the color of the glowing coals in the furnace, Kanatoko gives Lysette heating instructions, and Lysette does as she is told, increasing or decreasing the heat.

“What a delicate adjustment of firepower…”

“Thank you for the compliment.”

The compliments make Lysette happy.

“How about it, human girl? Do you want to be a blacksmith?”

“Eh?”

—living a self-sufficient life in the dungeon and working as a blacksmith?

Lysette’s ideal way of life seemed to be growing vegetables, herding monsters, hunting, and living in the dungeon.

“That’s a tempting offer…”

“Lysette…”

“What are you trying to convince her of?!”

“Kya! How long have you been here?!”

Leonhardt and Dee, who had found their way to the blacksmith’s shop, were staring at Lysette.

“Of course, I’ll continue my adventure—sure, of course!”