chapter 45

—I think I’ve reached my limit.

Lysette ponders this as she observes the dragon from behind the barrier, a small space where she is completely cut off from the dragon’s presence.

She has been fighting the Dragon with a hit-and-run strategy, but she is reaching the end of her limit.

Almost all of the food she brought with her has been consumed, and she has depleted her supply of ether potions.

The dragon, on the other hand, is still alive.

Although her magic has destroyed the head that breathes fire breath, the head that breathes ice breath is still alive and well.

Furthermore, it has entered a self-healing mode and heals itself whether or not it is attacked. As a result, she was completely out of options.

Lysette’s firepower was insufficient to bring it down.

—I’m curious about what Dragon-san is eating…

While drinking water, she looks at the sleeping dragon.

After all, she’s never even seen the dragon eat.

—He either eats less or does not require food in the first place. If that’s the case, where does that boundless energy come from?

Is it from the dungeon or that magical stone in the monster’s body? The amber stone that the area bosses always carried with them.

She lowered her gaze to the soil on the floor.

Her sown seeds are producing lovely twin leaves. They are the seeds of Mandragora, the magical plant Kanatoko gave her.

She stands up and gently waters the twin leaves.

“I’m leaving now, Dragon-san. I’ll be back soon, so please take care of them.”

She heads for the door, hoping to find a colony of mandragoras the next time she returns.

She placed her hand on the door and let the magic in.

“Nn~… It’s difficult…”

It won’t open no matter how much magic she pours into it.

—Perhaps it isn’t possible to open it from the inside.

She begins to feel hopeless, and as she walks away, the door begins to open from the outside.

—Is there someone outside?!”

“—Lysette!”

Her heart beats faster as she hears her name called.

Outside the door, a hand reaches out, grabs Lysette’s arm, and pulls her through an open gap.

“Wha!…eh? Leon?”

She discovered Leonhardt staring her down.

His emerald eyes pierce Lysette, as if to ensure her safety.

“Thank God…”

Leonhardt’s nerves calm down when he sees she is unharmed. He sounded as if he was about to cry.

And Leonhardt wasn’t the only one standing outside.

“Leon, Dee, huh? You’re… the church knight?! Hilde-san and Gunter-san?! What brings you all here?!”

“We’re here to help!”

Dee’s scream reverberates throughout the cave.

“Help…”

Douglas, the church knight, Gunter, the warrior, and Hilde, the healer, who had been Leonhardt’s companions, all smiled at Lysette.

Lysette’s tension suddenly breaks and tears stream down her cheeks.