Chapter 39

Sounds from outside can be heard if you listen carefully through the Barrier.

Screams from afar, sounds of magical destruction.

The earth was shaken by heavy footsteps.

They gradually get louder and closer.

“Isn’t this terrible? What should we do?”

“Let’s get out of here as soon as possible—they’re probably distracted right now by the monsters—we don’t want to end up in the middle of a fight.”

“Yes.”

When they went outside after the barrier was released, they discovered the ruined town to be a complete battlefield.

Black smoke rose from every direction, and giant monsters walked among them.

【Appraisal】Cyclopes. A man-eating monocular giant extremely strong and powerful

The gang dashed through crumbling roofs until they reached a clear path.

Ahead are bounty hunters fighting black dog monsters.

【Appraisal】Garm. The best dog is a huge, fierce dog.”

“Lysette, let’s go.”

Leonhardt grabs Lysette’s hand and begins running.

The monsters ignore Lysette and the others and head straight for the bounty hunters. The bounty hunters were also distracted by the monsters and did not attack Lysette.

“How come the monsters aren’t coming this way?”

“Monsters are more likely to be drawn to those who have more people—It’s not surprising given their sheer numbers.”

“But if they all die, won’t they come to us next?”

“The bounty hunters have progressed this far—they will not be defeated anytime soon…”

Meanwhile, balls of light can be seen here and there.

The lights indicate either the death or escape of the bounty hunters.

“I think they’re losing badly!”

“There’s no coordination at all.”

Leonhardt, perhaps not expecting this, mutters in dismay in a low voice.

“They must have gotten this far by relying on their individual strengths. They can’t handle a situation with so many enemies.”

A group of people who do not have a leader.

They were not friends, as Leonhardt stated.

“Then let’s take them out quickly.”

Lysette made a quick decision and stopped running.

“Come on, we can’t afford to be concerned about other people!”

“Now that they’re dispersed, it’s easier to fight them—everything is fine. I’m bursting with energy right now!”

Lysette turns her heel and looks at the pack of Garm.

The bounty hunters in the area have been decimated, and they are closing in on her.

【Preemptive-Action】【Fire-magic(Advanced)】【Magical-Coordinate-Correction】

She acquired the skill to increase the magic hit rate.

“Lava Flame!”

The magic activation words are meaningless. They only serve to reinforce the notion of magic.