Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Third Layer Treasure Chest

Lysette and Leonhardt descend the stairs.

They proceed to the third layer from the water area on the second layer.

The water’s odor has faded, and the landscape has transformed into a stone labyrinth. Fortunately, the glowing moss remained, and no additional lighting was required.

They made their way through the square corridors, searching and fighting their way.

Lysette sighs as she uses her flame arrow to burn down the zombie she encounters along the way.

This was the third time she’d run into a monster since reaching the third layer. It was, once again, not a monster that could be eaten.

“It’s been nothing but wraiths, zombies, and stone golems for quite some time.”

Wraiths are ghost monsters that don’t have a physical form. Wraiths, as you might expect, cannot be eaten.

Zombies are human corpses that have rotted. She’d refuse to eat them.

The stone golem is an automaton made of stone. Stone is out of the question.

“Yes, the third layer is. There are numerous inorganic and undead monsters. I’m sorry your preemptive magic made everything so much easier for me, and I’m ashamed of it…”

“That’s perfectly fine. This is something I’ve been doing for a long time.”

When she comes into contact with an enemy, her magic attack is activated before the enemy can do anything. She’s been doing it since she first entered the dungeon. What Lysette does remains the same.

“But there is one issue that bothers me. I feel like my 【Preemptive-Action】 doesn’t always work… like the Kraken.”

“Because… perhaps the opponent has a skill that can negate the preemptive action.”

“Do monsters have abilities?”

“Of course they do.”

He said it as if it were normal. It appears that it is not just a privilege for adventurers.

“Also, it may not be activated if the other party spots us first and ambushes us.”

“Ah, I see…”

—Monsters and dungeons are not easy to deal with…

“Don’t worry. If you’re caught off guard, I’ll protect you.”

“Thank you very much.”

Leonhardt’s defense is formidable. His abilities are impressive.

She was not too worried about the fighting. There are other things to worry about.

“It’s the food that has me concerned. We currently have a supply, but if things continue as they are, we will be malnourished…”

All they come across are monsters that they can’t seem to eat. Even if you bite into a rock, it will not provide you with any nourishment.