Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Unicorn likes purity

“I slept well, as expected from this recommended sleeping bag!”

Although the dungeon lacks morning and night, humans require sleep. Lysette falls asleep in her sleeping bag inside the 【Barrier-Magic】 and awakens feeling revitalized.

The view before her eyes is the same as it was before she fell asleep. Located between the pond and the woods. And the sky is as blue as it has always been.

“I will now enjoy the Dungeon’s blessings, but meat alone is not nutritious… Fruits and vegetables are still required…”

She packs her sleeping bag and prepares to leave while thinking.

—My grandmother had lectured me on edible plants, but this is a dungeon, and I shouldn’t expect the outside world’s common sense to prevail.

—If you see fruits, consider them a trap for plant-based monsters.

“First and foremost, let us act. Let’s go deep into the woods.”

With her luggage on her back, she set out to explore the depths of the forest. It was like going for a walk. It was peaceful.

—It’s far too quiet.

Lysette was walking through the forest when she realized she hadn’t seen a single monster today. There’s no slime, jumping frogs, or flying insects.

—Perhaps the monsters are avoiding me because my level has increased?

If this is the case, it is a serious issue. If she can’t get food, her time in the dungeon will be up.

She has resolved to eliminate all signs of the monsters. If this continues, she may have to resort to traps.

As she walks quietly through the forest, she hears sounds other than her own.

Sponsored Content
She hides behind a tree and quietly peers out, spotting a figure deep in the forest.

—An adventurer or a monster?

She investigates further to determine whether it is an adventurer or a monster. She then realizes it isn’t human. It was humanoid in shape, but its surface was covered in brown mushrooms.

—I believe it’s Mai… Mai…

She frantically searched for her memories.

Then she recalls her grandmother telling her about these things.

—Yes, maitake mushrooms! According to my grandmother, the brown maitake is so delicious that it makes you want to dance!

The correct term is Myconid, but Lysette has no time to second-guess herself. Therefore, she didn’t use【Appraisal】

【Preemptive-Action】【Fire-magic(Intermediate)】【Manipulation-Magic】

“Flame-Lance!”

She throws a flaming spear at the myconid as soon as she steps out. The large spear pierces Myconid’s center, knocking him out.

“A-a~h… What a delectable aroma.”

She dashes to the myconid and gathers mushrooms from the surface, placing them in a burlap sack. She examines the myconid more closely, and it appears to be a humanoid old log that has turned into a mushroom patch. She is relieved that it’s not a living organism being used as mycorrhizal beds.

“I can’t eat this much… oh, I know! Let’s lightly dry them for preservation.”

She continued her search after collecting the mushrooms and came upon another pond.