chapter 5

Lysette leaves the Adventurer’s Guild for the Alchemist’s Shop, 【Black Cat Alchemy Pot】. She checks the map she got from the receptionist.

She has earned a decent amount of money by delivering the requested goods—not quite 50 million gold, but enough to set aside for dungeoneering.

“…”

Lysette raises an eyebrow as she walks down the main street, which is lined with adventure stores.

—I’m being followed…

She feels a strange presence behind her.

She can feel the presence of others, no matter how many people pass by. When she comes to a halt, they come to a halt as well, and when she turns a corner, they walk faster.

—Does it have anything to do with rumors about me? Is this a church official?

—In any case, it appears impossible to find a place to stay and eat and sleep carelessly.

As she walks around thinking about it, she comes across a small building with the sign【Black Cat’s Alchemy Pot】

Lysette enters the building after knocking on the heavy chocolate-colored door. The front door is unlocked.

The dimly lit shop is quiet and deserted. On the contrary, neither the owner nor any of the employees were present.

It was a small establishment. There were shelves, but only a few items that appeared to be products were displayed.

“Um, excuse me, is there anyone here?”

She calls out to the back of the store, but no one answers.

—Maybe they went out and left the door unlocked. If that’s the case, they’re far too careless.

—But what is that odor?

A sweet and spicy aroma wafts from the back of the store.

Boom!

Then, in the back of the store, there was a small explosion.

“F-Fire?!”

As a whitish cloud of smoke wafted in, Lysette immediately opened the door. If there was a fire, she needed to get out quickly to prevent the smoke from filling the room.

However, the smoke quickly dissipated, leaving only a burning odor.

“Wahaha, failed, failed, failed.”

A nervous laugh escapes the store, and a dark-haired elf emerges from the back. She wipes the soot from her face with a towel.

“We’ve had a visitor? Ah! It’s Lysette! It’s great to see you!”

A bright, tanned smile shines in the dimly lit shop.

Lanial Mador, the alchemist, leans forward on the chair behind the counter, her knees on the seat. Her green eyes glisten.

“Um, it appears that something just exploded…”

“As always, as always! So how was the dungeon? “

“As always, huh… Ah yes, the dungeon was a fantastic experience.

“I see… I see—Will you please close the door?”

Lysette obeys, closing the door behind her and returning to the counter.

“Whoa!”

The moment her green eyes meet the alchemist’s, the alchemist’s eyes widen and she falls out of her chair.