Chapter 5 - No Longer a Beta

Chapter 5 – No Longer a Beta

"Do you remember much of what happened?" My father asks, the tension in the air so thick making me feel as if the walls were closing in on me. Mika and Lace sit to the side on the small couch with tear stained face while my parents force me to stand. Today we buried Alpha Sorus and Luna Reena and the idea of dealing with my parents after everything that's happened in the last three days was not a good one. So I kept my gaze towards the window watching the drops pitter patter on the glass.
"I don't remember much. We fell asleep watching the unicorns play. Geminie woke me up because she heard something then woke Lace up." Mika answers, his voice wavering. I turn to look at the older boy to see my mother comforting him and sending her seething glare my way.
"Geminie, if you woke them up then why didn't you come get help!" It isn't a question, its an accusation that mother throw my way. I could feel her hatred from half way across the room where I stand.
"I woke up and got Mika up right away then Lace. There were too many wolves and if any one of us tried running then we would have been caught and most likely killed too." I answer, meeting her gaze with a pleading look hoping my own mother would listen to reason.
"That's just an excuse!" She snarls at me, standing protectively in front of the Alpha pups and staring at me with contempt, a look I know all to well.
"It's the truth. They killed the Alpha and Luna because they were looking for the Moon Goddess' lost pup and believe that they were hiding her in this pack. If we came out we would have been in danger and if I left Mika and Lace there, they would have been in dan-" I stop mid sentence, flinching at my father slams a fist onto his desk and causing me to jump in fear. Anger radiates off of him in waves and my attention turns to him.
"Enough of your lies Geminie. You're the reason why our Alpha and Luna, Mika and Lace's parents, are dead!" His voice bellows, the book shelves rattling from the power. I stand frozen with shock and fear.
"Since Mika won't be of age to take over for another eleven years, I will be in charge as acting Alpha and so will my wife. You, Geminie, will be nothing but an Omega, a slave to this pack for your insolence and failure to protect our leaders." He continues, his words a finality on my fate in this pack. I turn to look at my friends knowing that their words would help me keep my status as a Beta female but Mika and lace glare at me with hatred before turning away. I knew right there that in this room I am alone. Alone, disowned and an Omega.
Beta Bastian dismissing us, my face now sporting a bruise from the slap he had given me just minutes ago when I tried pleading my case and calling him "Father" one more time. An Omega with a car waits for me, his job is to drive me to the Beta's house, a place I can no longer call home, and leave me there to pack up what ever can fit into a single duffle bag. After that, I would have to find my own way back to the pack house and to the small room that will be assigned to me. The car ride is quiet, the Omega giving me a look of sympathy his eyes too large for his sallow face.
"We know it's not your fault Geminie. The Omegas know what happened was a freak event. We believe you." He reassures me before we return to the quiet drive. It felt nice knowing that the Omegas have my back now that I will be one of them. I have a sinking feeling that Beta Bastian will make our lives worse.
The car stops in front of the house, the Omega giving me an encouraging smile and telling me to be brave while handing me an empty duffle bag as I step out of the vehicle and head inside. The house feels cold and empty, a forbidden place to me now. Heading past the living room and up the stairs, I make my way to my bedroom and stop in the door way when I see everything is gone, five duffle bags sitting on the bare mattress of what used to be my bed.
"Thank the Goddess you are okay Gemmy." Alex's voice sounds from behind me and I turn to see him holding a bundle in his arms and pushing past me to fill another duffle bag.
"I heard them talking last night, mom and dad. They already planned to make you an Omega and when they left me here after the Funeral I asked an omega to bring me a few bags to fill for you. I have everything including your blankets and toys." He states, pulling me into a hug.
"Do you think I could become a Beta again?" I ask in a whisper, tears threatening to fall.
"I don't know Gemmy, but you have to be strong when they come back." I nod, giving my brother a reassuring smile and hand him the empty duffle bag I held. I help him back a few more items, taking some food from the kitchen and pantry. A car pulls into the drive way and my heart skips a beat thinking it's the Beta couple, but it's the Omega who dropped me off.
"Liam here said he would drive me to the pack house. They are on their way home now and I texted them the excuse of checking up on Mika and they bought it. Liam is going to help me take the bags we packed to your new room. Just pretend to finish packing up the last one I leave for you okay." I only nod at Alex, letting Liam into the house as he and Alex carry six of the seven bags down and into the car. I wave to them before rushing upstairs and double checking to see if we left anything before doing my best to carry the bag downstairs just in time for Beta Bastian and Mrs. Jasmine to burst through the door.
"You should have been gone by now." Beta Bastian growls out. I keep my head down, looking to the floor but I hide my fear.
"I was just leaving sir." I answer quietly, staying in my spot and waiting for the two wolves to walk past me. Instead, a hand grabs my hair and I cry from the pain, the Beta's face inches from mine.
"Well get the fuck out you stupid pup." He screams at me, dragging me to the door and throwing me off of the front porch and into the mud soaked lawn. Mrs. Jasmine just smirks at this, her arms crossed over her chest.
"You know the way to the pack house you bitch, so make your way there." With that, Beta Bastian growls again, turning and slamming the door leaving me all alone. The rain stops suddenly, clouds clearing and the full moon shines down. I feel like the Moon Goddess takes pity on me while my small body slowly walks back towards the pack house where my life as an Omega will begin.

 I feel like the Moon Goddess takes pity on me while my small body slowly walks back towards the pack house where my life as an Omega will begin