Chapter 31 - An impromptu Meeting

After realizing that Lupus is after me, Ariven and I quickly rushed back to the guest house while I linked for Lace, Mika and Lena to join us in the meeting room there. After changing into clothes quickly thanks to Maddie and Matt waiting for us just inside the building with said clothes, the four of us joined the Hidden Claws wolves right away.
"What is with this impromptu meeting?" Mika asks as soon as I enter the room, grabbing a blueberry scone on my way to taking a seat.
"I'll explain later but first I need some details on the two small attacks while I was undisposed." My reply is straight to the point and I look to Lena, the she-wolf looking between Mika and Ariven as my former mate gives my new mate a death glare.
"There were five wolves each time. At first there were no signs, no scent of them. It wasn't until Lena and I were nearly on top of the first group during the end of out patrol that we noticed them outside the pack house." Lace answers after a moment of silence. I take a bite of my scone and think for a moment. The first group being near the pack house meant they were looking and scouting. Their lack of scent...
"They have a witch. Whether she is a part of the team or abducted by Lupus the witch is helping them." I state running a hand through my hair. This added to the complexity of the soulless problem. Instinct tells me there is a war brewing.
"What about the second group?" Ariven asks as he hands me a mug of peppermint tea and another scone before taking a seat beside me.
"By the guest house. I was coming over to see how you were when I walked into the group in the forest just outside." Mika answers looking me in the eye. I can see the hurt and pain of losing me as his mate but honestly its his own fault to deal with. He rejected me, he abused me, he made my life hell. He's just lucky that he's changed and we can build some what of a friendship.
"At any point in these attacks did you see a wolf with ice blue eyes?" I ask, looking at the three wolves in front of me.
"Lace and I never saw anyone." Lena answers, looking to Mika.
"I did, but he took off as soon as he realized back up was coming to kill his soulless." Mika says and I frown.
"You saw Lupus. Every soulless has bright red or black eyes. Ice blue is the only colour I have seen in the soulless world." I close my eyes realizing the problem is bigger than expected. Too much for just our two packs to handle. I'll have to call in some help from one of the strongest wolves I know.
"Double the patrol and look for moon stones. They will counteract the witch's magic so your pack can sense the soulless like usual." I order, standing from my chair and making my way to the door.
"Where are you going?" Mika asks, taking a few steps forward only to be stopped by his sister who shakes her head in warning as Ariven steps closer to me, weary of my ex-mate.
"I am going to be calling in some back up. Trust me when I say we are going to need her with this war brewing." With my answer given I leave the room with my thoughts in a mess. It will take her another week to join us and hopefully she can bring a few strong wolves with her.

 It will take her another week to join us and hopefully she can bring a few strong wolves with her