Chapter 28 - Unexpected Hot Training

"I think you're trying to kill us!" A she wolf calls out looking over my shoulder I spy a petite brunet trying her best to keep up with me, her face flushed with exhaustion. I search through my memories and finally place her as Lena, a she wolf who's mother was the second of command to the Trackers in the pack. I remembered the days she would push me into lockers, down stairs and ruin my homework. She caused many headaches and is the reason why I had to make duplicates of my work. I huff out a breath, wanting to get a bit of petty revenge and pretend to ignore her, picking up speed and making sure she stayed just far enough behind.
"I...I'm s...sorry Gem..inie." She huffs out, the strain evident in her voice. She manages to keep up with me, my indifference falling as my ears are pointed in her direction. Slowing down my pace, I allow the she-wolf to catch her breath while my pack mates call out through the link that some of the Hidden Claws wolves pass out.
"I was...a bitch to you. You didn't deserve it." Lena continues. I nod, agreeing to her statement and noticing her breath evening out. She is definitely a strong wolf and a good candidate to train the pups. I slow down a little more while we continues the rest of the run in silence, my hostile pettiness gone now. Finally, the starting point comes into view and a sigh of relief is heard from the she-wolf beside me. We turn to look at each other in union, a grin on her face as we nod, a silent agreement to race to the end. Wolf against human the two of us push ourselves to the limit, each of us pulling ahead of the other every so often. The wind rushing through my fur makes me feel like flying and I relish in the challenge that Lena provides. Her human form is strong, no surprise there as her mother most likely trained her to be a top notch Tracker. The run soon ends with Lena and I crossing the boundary into the training field at the same time, the race between us a draw. I watch Lena fall to the ground, gasping for breath her face red and sweat dripping down her skin. Chucking as best a wolf can, I trot to where my clothes are stored and shift, putting my clothes on swiftly and walking towards Lena stopping once to grab a few water bottles from the cooler.
"Apology accepted Lena." I call out, the she-wolf sitting up at the sound of my voice just in time to catch a bottle of water I throw her way.
"Really?" Shocked and confused, Lena takes a moment to look at me with scepticism and I chuckle coming to sit beside her and taking a sip of cool water.
"Yeah, really. You gave me a sincere apology and you are a strong wolf. Lace needs that in her pack." I answer, watching her take greedy gulps of her own water and accepting the second one I hand her way once she finishes the first.
"You're stronger than I realize." She admits and I smile, thinking back to the nights Lizaria would train me.
"Thanks, I had some help training as a pup to be honest." I see her questioning gaze but choose to ignore it, deciding to stretch and wait for the wolves to trickle in from the run. Lace is the first wolf I see, her body flushed and dripping in sweat as she runs over to Lena and I, accepting a water bottle I had for her.
"Goddess I need to run more!" She groans out flopping to the ground and I laugh at her dramatic action.
"If it makes you feel better, you're just behind Lena here." I state, Lace looking to Lena with hopeful eyes.
"Care to jog with me every night so I can get better?" The Alpha female asks to which Lena smiles back.
"Of course. I could use a running pal since my mother retired."
"Speaking of which, the position is your as Head Tracker if you want it." Lace brings up and Lena happily accepts. The three of us stretch, waiting for more wolves to join and ever so often groups of three to five will come barely walking in, their bodies slumped over and covered in sweat as both males and females collapse to the ground, some catching their breath and some passing out. I sigh, realizing just how much work needs to be done for these wolves to be able to keep up with my own pack. Finally, Mika comes trailing in with Ariven behind him giving me a hopeless look. He'll need extra training to be a top Alpha again.
"New rule." I call out after twenty minutes of resting.
"We will have two training shifts at ten in the morning and six in the afternoon. You will all be split into two groups. Group A will run in the morning while group B patrols and protects the pack, then Group A will patrol in the night while Group B runs. Each run will be ten miles and as your stamina and strength improves, we will increase the intensity by two miles. The first group to run twenty miles will receive one thousand dollars per group member." I see excitement run through the exhausted wolves at the prospect of a challenge and prize at the end. I have a feeling this will encourage them all.
"Mika will be leader of Group A and Lace will be leader of Group B. You are allowed to run and train on your own time if you so choose, but no one will be allowed in wolf form. Leaders, chose your team." I motion for Lace and Mika to take control as they pick their team one by one with Lace on the left and Mika on the right. I had to train both the Alpha pups and make sure Lace and Mika can get along with the change in leadership and Lace being the new Alpha. I know she wants to make her Brother her Beta as Mika had made her his, but with his strength he barely even qualified as a Hunter or Warrior. His running wouldn't even allow him to be a Tracker. With the teams chosen I am not surprised to see Lena beside Lace, the she-wolf a good fit to the team. Mika chose many strong wolves and Lace chose the weaker ones which interested me.
"Okay, so to keep things even we will be working in the teams. This challenge will be to see just how strong each team can become within a short amount of time. So within your teams partner up and we will go through a few exercises for you all to try. One will be an attacker and one a defender." I continue, motioning for Maddie and Matt to demonstrate the hand to hand combat we will be working on. Once the demonstrations were done, with Matt sporting a new black eye, I allow the wolves of Hidden Claws to break into their groups of two as they work hard. Lace and Lena each separate and pair with two weaker wolves, allowing the wolves to practice on them first while Mika pairs with a strong Warrior on his team. I can't help but smile, the Hidden Claws wolves showing me respect as a fellow wolf while accepting my help in growing strong once again is something I never though possible.
"What's with the smile Darling?" Ariven's voice comes from behind, his hands massaging my stiff shoulders. Tingles crawl along my skin and I chalk it up to goosebumps from the contact after a long run.
'"I'm happy. Our wolves are getting along with Hidden Claws, we have a new ally and I can put the past behind me." I answer, leaning into his chest as Ariven chuckles and wraps his arms around me. I watch Leery, one of my trackers, walk up to a wolf in Mika's team. She helps correct his defense stance and waits to see the results as the wolf's partner attacks. In the end the wolf she helps throws his partner to the ground and gives a triumphant cheer.
"Thank you for making me accept this job Riv." My smile widens as a kiss is placed on top of my head, the two of us silently watching the wolves before us train. Slowly, my body begins to heat up so I suggest we go stand under the tree where we can observe the group and see where we can improve training but noting helps. After downing my tenth ice cold water bottle realization strikes me like a bolt of lightning at why my body is heating up.
Mother had reassured me that until I meet my second chance mate, I would not go into heat. I could be free of the pain that not being around your mate can cause while in heat and looked forward to not having it for a while. Right now though the signs were as clear as day. I can feel the one spot between my legs throb, my body heating up as I start to pant.
"Ariven." I call out meekly, clinging to the tree waiting for my Theta to return with more water.
"Gem are you okay?" A moment later I hear the sweetest voice that chills my body slightly and I sigh. I feel my body slide along the tree as my knees grow weak. Loud thumps on the ground are followed by strong arms scooping me up and close to a solid chest, the contact forcing my hot body to cool once more and I sigh in relief.
"Ge- Fuck!" A deep breath takes in my scent followed by a possessive growl. I turn to see male wolves slowly walking near me, their eyes glazed over from the pheromones secreting off of me. The scent of lust is in the air and I groan, my heat flaring up one again.
"Training is over, Now!" Ariven growls out, forcing the unmated wolves to cower and back away from his possessive growl as his hold on me tightens.
"We'll hold them back, get our Alpha to safety." Matt calls out somewhere in the crowd. Ariven takes off, him mumbling where to go and I open the link.
[Go straight.] I state, my mind turning hazy. I share the path way to the hidden valley, having Ariven run through the streams and river to hide our scent and dunk me in the cold fall water every so often to ease the pain of the heat. Soon I hear the rushing of the water fall, Ariven taking the tunnel until the scent of the familiar hidden valley hits me.
My body is placed on a soft bed of grass, Ariven laying on top of me with a very noticeable erection pressed to my thigh as his lips crash onto mine in a passionate and possessive kiss.
"Mine." He growls out before his tongue delves into my mouth and battle mine in a dominant dance of passion.

" He growls out before his tongue delves into my mouth and battle mine in a dominant dance of passion