Chapter 15 - A New Pack

Chapter 15 – A New Pack

"See that trail just ahead of us?" Ira asks pointing to a barely touched trail to what I assume is for ATV use.
"Yes." I confirm, slowing down as I wait for her to continue.
"Good, turn left onto it and keep driving till we reach a clearing." She exclaims and I smile, switching my left turn signal on and slowly turning onto the barely there dirt path. I cringe as the tires to my precious car bounce on the bumpy terrain, Ira clinging onto the handle above the passenger window. Only one vehicle can fit, the bushes and grass brushing against the side of my car. Hopefully there will be no scratches by the time we reach our destination.
[Remind me to get this god forsaken path cleared and properly paved.] Alex links and I chuckle.
[Trust me, this will be priority number one when the pack is established.] I agree instantly. The final stretch is slow, the speed of our cars staying around twenty kilometres an hour in order not to drive into a tree or flip the car over because a tire hit a large root or rock. Feeling like an eternity under the cover of trees, something that makes me itch and want to run in wolf form under, the "road" grows slightly bigger as the shadows blend into dazzling sunlight and we exit into a large clearing. Noticing a black hummer parked just to the right I steer in that direction and park beside the vehicle, the others following closely. Climbing out of my car I walk around to see the area better, a grin on my face at the sight before me. The clearing is huge, wild flowers covering most of the ground in the late fall weather making me smile. We would have to dig up a few and make a couple of gardens to preserve these flowers. Off to the west just outside the forest is a large crystal blue lake and I can picture a pack house here, one with a path leading to a small dock we could use for fishing on or docking small row boats. On the north and directly opposite of where we all stand are tall mountains the would provide a great training terrain for the future pack members, giving us an opportunity to train in higher altitude.
"There is an entrance in the mountains by a waterfall with a river that flows to the lake. You can have your friend move there." Ira whispers low enough for only my ears to hear. I grin, excited to explore the new hidden valley for Lizaria and the Unicorns to move to, knowing the Elf will need to have the herd move away from Hidden Claws quickly before Mika becomes Alpha and the Blake's could find them.
"Hey Ira what took you so long?" A deep voice calls out to our left and I turn to see the man I met the first time I shifted. Turning to face the black haired tattoo man that helped me through my first shift, I smile and take in his appearance once more. A pair of jeans hang loosely around his hips with no shirt or shoes on. For once I get a glimpse of his tattoos noticing them all designed in black ink, the intricate lines, swirls and pattern running along his muscular torso.
"What took us so long was the fact we had to drive through the worse pathway ever and I had to bring your new Alpha here." Ira states with an eye roll and I chuckle. Putting two and two together I deduct that this wolf will be the first member joining the pack as soon as its established that Ira mentioned last night, the thought of it making me excited as I have a feeling this wolf will make a great Theta or Head Warrior. A perfect addition if I do say so myself.
[He looks strong.] Alex links me and I nod, turning to look back at my brother only to realize he is standing beside me.
[Theta?] I ask and he shrugs.
[Maybe. Or a second Beta.] I smile, turning to look back at the wolf who sizes everyone with his gaze, a flicker of approval in his deep midnight blue eyes. An odd colour I did not notice earlier, but one I wanted to look at a little longer. His gaze returns to the trio consisting of Ira, Alex and I as he takes a few steps towards us, holding his hand out to Alex.
"It's nice to meet you Sir and thank you for accepting me." He states, Alex letting out an awkward chuckle as he takes the offered hand in a firm handshake as I try my best to hold in my laughter.
"Its nice to meet you too, but I am not the Alpha." Alex replies back, causing a look of confusion to cross this wolf's face as he looks around. I couldn't hold in my laughter any longer as I bend over clutching my sides hearing my father chuckle behind me as well.
"If you're not the Alpha, who is?" The man asks slowly, his eyes scanning the crowd while I compose myself, a few chuckles escaping every so often. His confusion soon fades to a look of astonishment as our eyes meet and I give a cheeky grin to the handsome man.
"A female Alphha, I would have never guessed!" He exclaims, stepping forward and holding out his hand. I take it expecting a handshake but am surprised when he bows and brigs his lips to the back of my hand, planting a soft warm kiss.
"I am sorry for jumping to conclusions. I am Ariven Cross and look forward to serving you Alpha.." Ariven trails off, Alex letting out a low growl of warning as the wolf before me releases my hand with an eye roll at Alex's childishness before retuning his attention to me.
"Geminie Starlite but call me Gem." I answer his unspoken question.
"And I am Alex Blake." Alex cuts in rudely, eyeing Ariven. I sigh, smacking my brother on the back of the head at his rude behaviour.
"I see. Guessing this is your mate then Gem." Ariven concludes, a perfectly sculpted eyebrow raised above his eye. I fake gag, the thought of my brother being my mate disgusting me.
"Gross no! Alex is my brother. My mate-" I correct, my explanation stopping short as a piercing pain runs through me, causing me to gasp in pain and clutch my stomach as the ground slowly comes closer to my face. Strong arms catch me before I collapse, Ariven's familiar scent that I remember from our first meeting surrounding me as he holds me gently against his body.
"Mika that bastard. First he rejected you and now he is fucking some whore." Alex growls out in anger, my brother pacing as his eyes hold frustrations inside them.
"Gem was rejected?" Ariven asks, scooping me bridal style into his arms as I let out a scream, the pain in my abdomen feeling like my insides are being clawed out by a silver knife.
"Yes, by her mate Mika Alibaster." Amberle answers, a towel with her scent on it wiping away the sweat forming on my brow from the pain.
"Why would anyone do that to her?" Ariven asks, his concern evident in the way he holds me gently but tight enough so that I do not jostle much as he moves.
"Because she is weak!! Because she should be safe and secured in a pack, not creating one!" Alex states with a growl, one that is met with my own furious growl before a whimper replaces it, the stabbing pain bringing tears to my eyes.
"That's no way to talk to your Alpha! Sister or not, Geminie deserves respect!" Ariven growls out in warning at Alex, causing my brother to stop pacing as the realization of what he just said sinks in and a look of panic fills his face.
"Gem I...I didn't-"
"Go for a run Alex." I cut him off, the power of my blood creating a command. I catch my brother stiffen before giving a short nod, slowly walking away from me until he reaches the tree line where h shifts into his brown wolf and runs off. He needs to cool off, and I need to speak to him after the pain subsides.
"Gem, take this and sleep. You will feel better in a few hours." Ira's warm voice fills my ears as a pill is pushed against my lips. I accept it and soon darkness seeps in and the pain fades away