Chapter 33 - Clashing Opinions

"I just want to say, thank you for coming to help." Lace starts, directing her attention to Dominic and Amberle. I see my friend beaming at the blond Alpha Female but Mika just has to ruin the moment by scoffing.
"What, you got a problem with me coming to help Pup?" Amberle growls out, glaring at my ex who glares back at her. I frown, looking at Dominic who sends me an exasperated look as well as the both of us get ready to play referee between these two.
"Yes I have a problem! No one really asked you to be here!" Mika calls out in anger.
"Actually, I asked her to be here. Her adopted father was the one to come up with the theory of Soulless making an army and Amberle has been researching it with the Temple of the Goddess for the last five years." I cut in calmly, raising an eye brow and waiting for him to retort. Instead Lace gives Mika a warning look and to my surprise, he backs down and sulks in his chair.
"Sorry about that. My brother has been on edge lately." Lace sighs out apologetically. Amberle shrugs it off not bothering to entertain a fight with Mika at this moment thankfully. Instead, she asks to have access to the computer where she promptly takes a USB from Dominic and inserts it in. After opening up a few files she turns to the five of us with a frown.
"So as many of you may know, the soulless problem gained attention about six years ago. Five years ago Forest Paw was dealing with a similar problem as Hidden Claws." She begins, pulling up a map of the nearest territories in Ontario.
"During this time I had switched to being the Head Tracker of Blood Moon and our pack set off to help train just like Geminie came here. That is when we noticed the attacks were organized as if someone was controlling them." My friend continues, pulling up notes from the meeting held at the now destroyed pack. Its been years since the mention of Forest Paw, the pack being destroyed by an organized Soulless attack days after Blood Moon pulled their support and alliance. A reminder to never turn your back on help.
"Blue, Amber's adopted father, actually came up with the theory of an army being formed. This lead to us researching more attacks other than the ones from Moon Glade, Hidden Claws and Mountain Mist." Dominic chimes in. Amberle clicks a button, the map zooming out to include packs from Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Nunavut.
"The attacks actually stated in Nunavut, going after smaller packs back around one hundred years ago. The packs, being fed up, soon formed the Atuat Pack, the largest pack in Nunavut. From there the number of Soulless decreased till there were none left in the northern part of Canada. Then comes Saskatchewan." She pauses, making sure we are following her as the map moves over to the northern part of Saskatchewan.
"Fifty years after the creation of Atuat Pack, Prairie Cloud, Creeping Trails and Harvest Moon were facing similar organized attacks from Soulless." Confusion washes over me as I look at the trail, realizing there is a pattern as the packs being attacked were weak, barely even holding fifty wolves.
"Amberle." I call out.
"Yes Gem?"
"Zoom out of the map and freeze the screen." I say, standing from my chair and walking towards the screen. Taking the electronic pen from the side of the screen, I ask Amberle to highlight the areas of the pack that were attacked, starting at the western part of Nunavut and connecting each area as a line is formed. Looking closely, the soulless had to cross part of the Northwest Territories to enter Saskatchewan safely without being spotted by humans. The line continues as I follow more recent attacks here in Ontario and if I am correct, continue moving towards other packs until I reach the final one, the Royal Pack.
"What's the meaning of this?" Mika asks as I back away, the six of us staring at the screen.
"This army has been growing for years, not just one hundred years ago if I am correct. Think Ira would have more mentions of attacks in Alaska or the Northwest Territories?" I direct my question to Ariven, my mate having lived in the Temple the longest.
"She might, I'll give her a call and see what she says." He answers, taking out his phone and moving towards the door.
"Also ask for a list of the oldest living wolves that have connections to the Royal Pack." I add, watching him pause before nodding and heading into the hall way for some privacy.
"Why are you asking about the Royal Pack?" Lace questions and I frown.
"If my hunch is correct, the Soulless Army is larger than we thought and Lupus' end goal is the Royal Pack." I answer, a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Lace suggests getting food and for us to take a break as Dominic's phone rings.
"Dominic, oh Greg you guys are here, give me a moment." He lowers his phone, directing his attention to Mika with a friendly smile.
"Think you can help me. My pack mates finally arrived and we need to know where to go."
"Yeah, we have a large guest house. Are you okay sharing it Gem?" Mika answers, directing the last part to me.
"Yeah, our packs are close and I am sure the twins can't wait to torment Greg and Christian." I answer. The men soon leave after that, Dominic telling Greg to wait outside as he is on his way while Amberle and I study the map. In silence.
"Spill it." I finally state, seeing my friend fidget for a moment before letting out a long sigh and motioning me to the computer. She disconnects the computer's connection to the screen, pulling out a file from the USB and motioning for me to go through it. Shock fills me as I stare at the image of a teen-age girl with snow white curls and prismatic eyes, the opposite of how I look. Her skin is fair and a small smile is on her lips as she stands to the side at a ball with a tiara on her head.
"Who is this?" I asked, before noticing the necklace around her neck on a silver chain, the charm a moon stone so pure my eyes widen.
"Princess Crystalline of the Royal Pack and our future Queen. She is sixteen right now but there is something about her that I can't place." Amberle answers and I point to the necklace.
"She has the Moon stone from the lost Princess." I state and Amberle nods, moving in to bring up two more pictures. One is modern of a baby holding the same necklace while another is of a painting, one I have studied for hours as it is of the Lost Princess.
"They look so similar." I point out, seeing how the infant in both pictures the same wispy white hair and lively eyes. The way they hold the Moon Stone and the blanket that is wrapped around them.
"Gem, I think she is the Lost Princess."