Chapter 19 - Confronting the Past

Chapter 19 – Confronting the Past

"What the hell are you doing here Geminie?!" Mika growls out, refusing to sit as he anger radiates across the room. I roll my eyes at his outburst, flipping through the binder prepared for today and taking out a contract signed by him.
"That my dear EX-mate is a good question. As I stated, being an Alpha with a request I already approved of as well as the Future Moon Goddess, I have obligations I must fulfill." I state mater of factly, throwing the contract towards Mika and leaning back on the chair.
"Besides, the Head Priestess would give me an earful for neglecting my duties as the daughter to the Moon Goddess." I add at the end, my eyes glowing silver as I try my best to hide my rising emotions. Lace gasps in shock, her head snapping in my direction as she sizes me up.
"What do you mean?" The she wolf questions, once again causing me to roll my eyes.
"It's as I stated. I am Geminie Starlight. Daughter of Malcom and Lissandra Starlight and Future Moon Goddess." I answer, watching the reaction of Bastian and Jasmine as their body continues to shrink in their chair. Their time is limited and the three of us knew it.
"That's impossible! Everyone knows that Goddess Lissandra's daughter was kidnapped from her crib the day she was born!" Mika shouts, slamming the table and causing a crack to appear. I smile, my eyes turning to slits as I keep my eyes on my kidnappers, Ariven inching closer to my seat.
"Why don't you ask the Blakes. They can explain why I was taken from my mother. Why my father sent the Elites to look for me. And they can answer for the death of your parents. It is their fault our Alpha and Luna were killed." I state, standing from my chair and slowly walking towards the ex Beta couple.
"I have no idea what this Bitch is talking about!" Bastian shouts, standing to his feet as the chair behind him crashes to the ground.
"Watch your tongue criminal. This is an Alpha and the future Goddess." Ariven warns, but I hold my hand out to stop him. This is my battle.
"Really. So you didn't take me from the forest of the Goddess minutes after I was born? You didn't plan to kill me because of the death of your real daughter?" I ask, tilting my head to the side and tapping my left index finger against my chin in thought.
"Is this true Mr. Blake?" Mika asks, stepping up to stand beside me with clenched fists.
"This... this is a trick! A...a lie!" I watch as my male kidnapper has the audacity to lie, slowly backing away and looking around, most likely for an exit.
"If this is a lie then why are you backing away from the table?" I ask, taking another step forward.
"Or better yet, was the death of you Alpha and Luna also a trick because of your crime?" I continue, my ears twitching from the muffled sobs of Lace as the realization that the couple that mentored and raised them were also the cause of their parents death.
"Did you really have a daughter or was that just an excuse to get power on this pack?" I add, edging the two cornered wolves on.
"Shut up you filthy whore!" Jasmine screams out, standing from her chair and taking a few steps. I am surprised by her speed as the familiar hand of her connects with my left cheek, my head turning to the side from her slap.
"We should have killed you the moment your mother gave birth to a bitch like you!" The she-wolf continues and I growl, my barely held together emotions reaching their boiling point. The sky outside the window turns dark, the light in the hanging above the table barely able to illuminate everything.
"Geminie." Ariven warns but I cut him off with a feral growl, my instincts demanding blood. Jasmine freezes, a look of regret on her face after realizing what she had just done. I allow the bitch to slowly back away, my body shaking as I take a deep breath, inhaling her fear before taking a few steps towards her. I watch as she goes to turn, most likely to run into the arms of her mate but it is too late. My had shoots forwards and I grab the she-wolf by her neck, letting the anger inside me release through my fingertips as the power of lightning. I feel Jasmine's body begin to twitch while I let her have a taste of the abuse her and her husband put me through for eighteen years of my life. A life stolen from me by these two, a life that should have been spent with my real mother and father. Out side the dark clouds release their own strikes of lightning, the loud sounds of trees splitting and wind howling caused by the storm created by my unhinged emotions, amotions that I kept bottled in for years.
"Stop her please! She is killing my mate!" Bastian pleads his voice filled with agony. Mika and Lace try to move closer to me, but I growl, causing the two lesser Alphas to fall to their knees. No one would take this revenge away from me. I already have permission from my mother to kill this bitch and her husband.
"Darling." Strong arms wrap around me, Ariven's calming scent washing over my body as his lips kiss the back of my neck just between my shoulder blades. The storm that had raged outside subsided, but the black clouds remain as the power I released into Jasmine retreated into me.
"That's enough Geminie. I know how you want to kill her but your father also deserves his revenge too. Besides, there are innocents in this pack that will be harmed the longer you let your emotions control you." Ariven is right as his lips continue to rest on the spot he kissed, his thumb rubbing small circles over my stomach and calming me down. I sigh, my grip on Jasmine's neck loosening until the she-wolf falls into a heap on the floor gasping for breath and clutching her now bruised and charred skin. There will be a scar of my hand there from now on. A reminder that her life is now in my hands. Deciding to ignore the two wolves, I turn in Ariven's embrace, wrapping my arms around him while burying my face into his chest and inhaling his scent in deep breaths. I need to calm myself in order not to lose control and kill innocents.
"Theta Cross." A female voice cuts in and I peak out to see Maddie and her brother Matt standing in the door way.
"Take these wolves to the dungeon and hold them until Alpha Maverick can arrive with his pack to transfer them to Northern Snow." Ariven orders and the twins get to work, placing leather lined silver cuffs on my kidnappers wrists and dragging the two wolves towards the door.
"Hold it! I think I have the right to punish these wolves as they not only attacked a visiting Alpha, but also the future Lunar of Hidden Claws!" Mika shouts out, standing to his feet now that he is no longer oppressed by my raging power. I bristle at his words, pulling away from Ariven to growl at the foolish ex-mate of mine and send him a glare.
"You lost the right to call me your Luna. You lost any right to have me in your life as nothing more than an aid!" I snarl out, Ariven keeping his arms wrapped around me to prevent another emotional outburst. He stays quiet, allowing me to voice the words I have needed to say for the last few years.
"You rejected me! You abused me because the Blakes said to when you knew the truth. You put me through two and a half years of torment every time you fucked some pack whore. I felt like I was dying every time. You even fucking did it a few nights ago!" I continue, seeing the guilt and hurt on Mika's face as tears begin to stream down my own.
"I am only here for two reasons. To help this pack as agreed upon and to find intel on the soulless army. That's it." With that I take Ariven's hand and walk out of the room, leaving a protesting Mika who is stopped by his sister and two hostile pack mates wanting to rip into the leaders of Hidden Claw. But I could care less, I need a run.

 But I could care less, I need a run