Chapter 34 - Calling in Maverick

Lace returned quickly after Amberle and I discuss Crystalline being the Lost Princess, the true heir to the werewolf throne. Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure, not without talking to her and being able to hold the Moon Strone. Of course we kept this between the two of us, wanting to discuss this topic with Mother and Ira. After lace and a few Omegas set the table with food and drinks including coffee that I quickly down a cup of much to Amberle's disgust, Dominic and Mika return followed by Ariven with a frown on his face.
"Ira says she will have to search through the archives. They have been digitalizing everything in order to have backup copies of history but she did confirm one thing." He states, taking my coffee from my hand and gulping down the hot liquid.
"What did she confirm?" Lace asks, worry in her voice.
"Lupus is one of the oldest wolves alive. No one knows when he appeared in Canada, but there are pictures and painting of him stored away. She will have everything about him sent our way soon." My mate answers. A wave of unease washes over me and I think back to the day when Alpha Sorus and Luna Reena was killed. Something in me feels like he killed them.
"Can I ask you two a question?" I ask Mika and Lace, turning to face the siblings.
"Shoot." Mika answers, his sister nodding in agreement.
"On the day your parents were killed, did you see any ice blue eyes?" I ask, taking a moment to bring up the paint app on the computer and draw a mock design of what I remember being Lupus' eye colour.
"I remember blue lights, but my mind was focused on my mom." Lace answers and I motion for them to come see the computer screen. She gasps the moment she looks, slowly backing away from the screen and into her brother who holds her tightly, his own body trembling.
"I've seen those eyes. They are from a friend of Bastian." Mika answers and I sigh. Taking my phone out of my pocket I dial my father's number waiting until someone picks up.
"Connor Starlight, Maverick can't come to the phone right now-" A scream of pain cuts my brothers words off as I here him wince, causing me to roll my eyes.
"Connor its me." I say right away.
"Hey sis, what's up? How's training that piece of shit ex pack going?" His voice is nonchalant, as if the torture going on behind him isn't happening.
"Look, we can talk later but I need to talk to dad, it's urgent. Also, tell him to stop torturing the Blakes. We need a witch to walk through their memories." I hear Connor curse, his voice muffled as he shouts something out. A few minutes of silence passes until I hear the one voice I want to hear.
"Hi sweet heart, Connor says you need to talk to me?" I smile at my father's voice, getting into detail of my theory of the Blakes and Lupus being in ca-hoots in taking over Hidden Claws starting with the death of the Alpha couple fourteen years ago.
"So we need to have a witch walk their memories." I end the explanation, getting a sigh from my father.
"Can you put me on speaker for a moment?"
"Yeah, one minute." I put the phone on the table, clicking the speaker button and giving my own sigh.
"You're on speaker. Mika, Lace, Ariven, Dominic and Amberle are in the room." I call out, seeing the unease on the siblings faces.
"Hey everyone. First off, Mika and Lace I am so sorry for what my pack did to your parents. My wolves went AWOL and were not supposed to kill them. As such I want to come back to sign an alliance with you two to help protect your pack." The sincerity in his voice is clear causing the two to tear up and Lace letting out a small sob.
"I'd like that Alpha Maverick." The she-wolf answers getting a chuckle from my father.
"Just Mav or Maverick would do. Your parents were great wolves." I see the tension in their body leaves, finally getting some closure from my father for what his pack members did fourteen years ago.
"Second, at the time we did receive an anonymous tip about Geminie being in your pack. That's why my wolves were dispatched at that time." He adds, a collective gasp going through the group.
"Do you know what form the tip came in?" Dominic asks.
"A note. The weird part is it had the smell of a rogue turned soulless." I frown and know what smell he is talking about.
"Lupus. That's the smell of his unique scent." I answer. My father sighs, a scream being heard from the back ground and I chuckle as everyone but Ariven, Amberle and I wince.
"Connor, tell them to stop torturing that wolf." My father shouts.
"Sorry about that, some rogue thought he could take over the pack and poisoned Connor with silver. He's fine, just pissed."
"Perks of being the children of the Moon Goddess, immunity to silver." I point out, gaining a chuckle from my father.
"Yep. Surprisingly Princess Crystalline has that same immunity. Any ways, I will get a witch in to walk their memories and have the session recorded. We will know what Lupus wants soon enough." Amberle and I give each other a questioning gaze at the mention of the Princess before I say goodbye to my father and hang up.
"Seems like the Blakes did more than just "Raise" you all." Dominic points out, motioning to Mika, Lace and I.
"Seems like they wanted this pack to rule by themselves." I muse. With a sigh I get up, needing to get fresh air.
"I'll be back, Amberle and Dom can go through the information with you all. I need to go for a run." Ariven looks at me with a questioning gaze but I shake my head. I need to be alone with my thoughts for a moment.

 I need to be alone with my thoughts for a moment