1 : The Abduction

"Machan I will kill myself if she marries another man! How can she leave me like this?" Raja cried, dumping a whole bottle of concentrated alcohol. The pub's DJ is blasting an item number with some heavy beat remix; Raja's cries are muffled by it.

"Naatla Ponna illa? ( Is there no other girl in this country?) Look at that girl. she is staring at you for 5 minutes." I joked, sipping whiskey from bottle. But Raja doesn't seem to budge. I want him to move on and I want to kill the girl who made Raja like this.

"She.. She probably is afraid of her father da... I know she is not happy. Her phone, computer, everything must have been seized. Her father is capable of doing that.!" Raja screamed.

"Ipo ena? (what now?) She will not marry anyone, but you. Tomorrow morning 11 AM, at Shine Mahal right? Wait in the warehouse. She'll be there." I said and Raja looked at me with hopeful eyes.

I grabbed the glass from him. "Don't get into this." I warned. He never drinks, and even tried to persuade me to leave drinks and cigarettes before.

I told him not to involve with women. He always says drinks and cigarrettes are poison. But the real poison are women.

Now look at him weeping for a girl.

*********************

Ashwin came a little closer to me, looking down, at my lips. I moved a little back. He has been so touchy since this week. Three weeks since the elders decided, not even engaged, so I feel this is too soon.

He did not speak to me for the rest of the ride. I did not feel like asking him what's wrong either.

"Call me after you get inside your room."

*******

"I told you to call me once you got inside!!!"

"Editor called me and I was immersed in work."

"Will you say the same to our children when they need you?"

Y/N stared at the screen. There it comes. She do not know what to reply.

"Look I am sorry. I should not have said that."

'But you did anyway' Y/N thought. This much of influence on her even before engagement: Y/N did not want to imagine how he would turn after wedding.

She just left the phone and went to sleep.

She has a wedding to attend tomorrow.

********************

"Ammu! You look beautiful!!" Y/N hugged her college mate and bride Ammu.

Ammu's face is swelled. She had been crying the whole night, Ammu revealed to Y/N.

"You sure you want this wedding?" Y/N asked her and Ammu nodded yes.

'At one point, I need to move on. The groom is not a bad guy.' Ammu said.

"Madam, makeover artist Aarthi is here."

**************
Anbu entered the wedding hall with his goons. Ammu's father invited limited guests unlike general Indian weddings because he too was anticipating that his daughter might pull up a stunt and it will be embarrassing for hundreds to witness.

Good for Anbu as with only ten goons. He has the Mahal in his control now.

"Where is the bride?" He asked, pulling the makeup artist's arm.

"In the garden.." She blurted.

He pushed her aside and marched there.

********************

Anbu walked towards the groom and bride who is arguing with each other. 'So she really wasn't interested in the wedding.' Anbu thought. He sees that the bride is not wearing any heavy jewelry. Just a plain silk saree. May be she is protesting by not getting ready. Anbu senses that the girl, after all, really loves his friend.

"Come on. Raja is waiting for you." I tapped the shoulder of the bride.

"Raja va? (va? = huh?)" She raised an eyebrow.

"Raja-va? Who the hell is Raja?" The man asked.

"Her boyfriend. Now step aside will you?. Come I will escort you" I walked two steps but she just stares at me.

"Tell me Who is this man? Why is he calling you?" The man kept on asking. I got annoyed.

I punched him on the face. Not expecting that, he fell down and I kicked him on his stomach.

She knelt down and grabbed my leg from kicking.

"Please don't kick my fiancee. Leave us!!" She cried. How dare she?

"You love my friend? But he is your fiancee ya?" I wanted to slap her, but restrained. She is Raja's girlfriend. So I lifted her instead and carried her on my shoulder. She repeatedly hit my back with her arms.

I threw her inside my jeep.

"Who the hell do you think---"

I covered her face with a chemical that makes one faint and boom! It did its magic in 5 seconds. I tied the chemical infused towel on her mouth just in case if she woke up and tries something.

"Vandiya edra! ( Take off the vehicle!) " Anbu said, and the driver - one of Anbu's men, whirred off. Anbu sent a message to Raja that his love of life is safe with him.

****************************************

Unconscious, she leans on my shoulder when the jeep took a turn. With the back of my knife, I made her lean on the closed window instead.

Had no idea her name is Ammu, and that Raja had eyes on her, too. I wish he told me sooner, so I would have avoided looking at her that way.