12: Termination

Dear Y/N,

We are sorry to inform that your internship is terminated as of today as per the decision of the Board of Members. Also, we revoke the offer letter for the permanent team lead job post given to you during the course of the internship. Your intern benefits will end in this week and you are required to submit your Identification Card within this timeline.

Thank you,

Regards,

Senior HR

Y/N's eyes welled seeing the mail she received this morning. In a few seconds she sucked the tears in and replaced it with pure rage. She directly called her editor and let her rage flow through the phone.

Y/N: Sir, how can you just fire me when I took the risk of--

Editor: Y/N Y/N please listen to me first.

Y/N: Don't give me your phony excuses, sir.

Editor: Y/N please! Even in the termination letter you wouldn't have seen any mention of the project. It's because nobody but you, me and the chief editors in board know about this and yet somehow the news have been leaked! We are receiving multiple threat calls from Ram's side to and surprisingly, from your DSP fiancée too!

Y/N: wait what?

Editor: Look Y/N, despite your excellence, I always felt guilty for involving young girls like you in this filthy mess. They're brutes! They would spoil your entire life and I can't let that happen. I'm sorry to do this.

Y/N: Sir, please don't do this.

Editor: DSP said he will pick you up from as ASAP. Stay strong Y/N.

The call ended.

Y/N's entire life is crashing in front of her eyes. The job she so depended on for her living. She NEEDED that job more than ever as she no longer want to be with her fiancé, or live in her aunt's house as a burden.

She is weeping, sitting on the terrace floor, with her back against the wall. Anbu arrives with a beer curled on his fingers and sits beside her.

"You have your beers here too?" He asks mockingly while opening the bottle. Y/N didn't feel like entertaining him. 'What's the use of all the misery I brought upon myself?' she thinks.

"Looks like you too have been betrayed." Anbu said casually, looking straight. Y/N, though she was surprised Anbu gets updates this quick, doesn't react as it doesn't really matter.

"I think it's my brother's doing, since you exposed him to me. I guess now, he'll be planning to end us both here itself." He says.

"We will both be burned into ashes, Y/N." hearing this from his deep voice twisted my stomach, as the image of my burning body conjured in my mind. Hairs on my arms raised up.

"My fia-- Ashwin would never let that happen. Well, he won't be interested in saving you right now but I can make him understand once he reaches here." I lied, once Ashwin reaches here its farewell to this gang. I don't care if the brothers hack each other to death or what not. I'm escaping.

"Your DSP fiancé? hahahaha. Don't you know he got sold to my brother as my replacement. Oh innocent girl." He laughed and chugs up remaining of the cold drink. My jaw dropped. I shook his shoulder, "What do you mean?"

Anbu: There are no good or bad people, Y/N. Just opportunists. Ashwin would have got two options, either become the new right hand to my dear brother and work for him, or get pushed to the ground, get blackmailed to do so. Either way he HAS to comply Ram, so why not do it along with some crores of fresh cash?