7: Confrontation

'Anbu, you should have not done this to Raja. After all who is she to you?' Kingsley calmly sweet-talked to reclined Anbu, while massaging his legs.

Anbu took his arm which was resting on his forehead, covering his eyes from the bright late morning sun and shoots a glare at Kingsley.

'Illa Anbu... Raja is not someone who acts like that... we should ask both sides before acting la......' Kingsley tries in vain to make Anbu go find Raja himself. But Anbu's mind has lots of things running; several train of thoughts that are going to collide soon and become one big mess.

'Leave Y/N only with that DSP. Not with anyone else. Update me your every move.' With that, Anbu dismissed Kingsley, who walked away from the balcony, defeated.

Raja is missing since morning. The maid told Anbu that Raja left early morning in jeep. His wheareabouts are not known.

Anbu hates his own hands that made Raja's face bleed. But when the image of Raja grabbing Y/N and attacking her flashes in his mind, his hands are so ready to bash him again.

Anbu feels this feeling is wrong . 'What kind of drama I have indulged myself into?' he thinks now, but he fell deep into the well that he cannot go outside now. Its too late. His mind indulges in thoughts about Y/N.

Anbu's phone rings. Its his brother. He immediately accepts the call,

"Sollunga Na---"

"Dei Mutaal! (Idiot) Arivu iruka unaku ( Don't you have sense?) Do you think you are some hero or something? Perusa poraanam Kaadhala sethu vaika (Look at him go to join the lovers). Did you change your job, huh?"

Anbu's veins popped up from his neck and wrist hearing such cheap, insulting words from his brother. He is surprised that his brother who never ever changed his tone of speaking to him, raise his voice, as if he is talking to one of his servants.

"Anna this won't affect you, don't worry." Anbu tried to make his brother calm down but no, it only infuriated him more.

" Won't affect me, my foot! That Rajendran, who used to be scared of me, sent his men to warn me to get you to send his daughter. You made him to disrespect me, because of your women problem. Chi." His brother's barks stung Anbu more and more.

His brother continued,

"To add oil to the fire, you also kidnapped that new DSP's fiancee. If you wanted girls, don't you know the places to go? Kidnapping women for you and your friend----"

Anbu cuts the call, unable to hear anymore. He never thought about anything of his own, personal life. There's no women, relationships, friendships(other than his goons), or his own property in his life.

But there's many pending cases, with-held warrants that are re-written on his name instead of Ram's, an underground bunker as home where his brother has a castle.

Anbu never thought of comparing his life to his brother's until this phone call. It made him rethink his certain life choices.

Following his Anna's call, his Anni (wife of brother) calls him now,

Anni: Dei thambi(lil brother), don't take your brother's word to heart. He is very angry that enemy of his sent his men to warn him da...

Anni, who is the only mother figure in his life, takes it upon her to make Anbu feel better after Ram gave him heavy work, or send him to Jail in place of him.

She thinks feeding him good food and taking him out to shop with her daughter, who likes to be around Anbu is the bare minimum she can give to Anbu, for the protection that he is giving her family.