5: First Sensation

"Did you think we're fools?" Anbu asked. Y/N turned her eyeballs left to see Kingsley digging his nails using the knife Anbu handed him. Then she moved it left, seeing Raja sitting on a couch and weeping loudly, looking the phone - probably at Ammu's pictures.

Anbu rolled his eyes and glared at Kingsley, who stopped his activity and took wailing Raja out of the hall.

"These men may believe your sly lies, but I don't. Ever since I start to hear you talk, all I hear are half-truths and stories woven from your little lying tongue!" Anbu's voice made Y/N's hair rise in her hands and neck. His head is right above hers, as he is leaning towards her to tighten the rope of her hands tied behind the chair. Y/N dare not to tilt up, but she did steal a glance here and then. His unshaven beard and the sweat on his neck released the intoxicating scent of his cologne. Y/N feels illegal to be this close and smell the scent another man despite her ending things with Ashwin.

Yet when she tries to keep her gaze straight, his unbuttoned black shirt revealed his black vest and his bare chest. Y/N quickly removed her eyes from peeping into the man's shirt and fixed her gaze to the distant couch Raja was sitting on minutes before.

His pendant, which was on the hem of his vest slid off and kept on brushing Y/N's forehead. She looked up. The pendant is a black cresent moon with it's two sharp edged facing down, like an bull's horn worn upside down.

'Why can't he just go behind this chair and do the deed? Aghh, he's making me very uncomfortable!' Y/N's thoughts must have reflected on her face

'Why can't he just go behind this chair and do the deed? Aghh, he's making me very uncomfortable!' Y/N's thoughts must have reflected on her face. Anbu has been starting at her tilted face. Coming back from her head, Y/N realized she has locked eyes with Anbu, who in turn does not let the gaze go.

'Enna?'(what?) he did not ask, but he simply said the word; his lips did not move but remained partly open.

Realizing after a good minute that she's been checking his face out, Y/N's cheeks flushed and she put her head down in embarrassment.

"What?? Nothing?? All I'm saying is I do not know anything! Ask Ammu! We have no problem, boss! Leave me, nah!" Y/N used that complaining tone of hers. She cannot show that she is fragile, and helpless. Eventhough she is, given the situation, she needs to play it cool.

'YOU.' Anbu curled his index finger on Y/N's thin gold chain pulled it so she is forced to face him, again. She looked up. He kept on looking at her eye, as if he is searching inside it for something. Answers probably. But, what's his question exactly? And Y/N knows it's not just about Raja and Ammu's case. His eyeballs moved side to side, giving all her facial features equal attention.

He then lifted his other hand from rest and reached her cheek slowly with his fingers slightly curled inwards; Y/N closed her eyes, feeling his big hands coming towards her face. Her cheeks started to tingle as his fingers landed but it quickly retreated once the door burst opens with Kingsley proudly announcing dinner is here.

****************************

It was at that moment I knew, when my blood boiled and my head heated up and I was ready to smack whoever the person that entered when I was... um confronting that girl.

It was Kingsley. And his head got swollen thirty minutes post his ruining the moment. He still does not know the reason for gaining the swollen head.

Exactly my case! I still do not know the reason why I feel that good-for-nothing fellow 'ruined something' like what was even happening? Nothing! I was just interrogating that girl in my style and.. and.. maybe because I never had to deal with a girl and that made me nervous?

My teeth nibbles the pendant and my mind was too busy to notice that childish behavoiur of mine surface again. It was consumed by my thoughts. Thoughts of her. What was I even doing to her? Am I in the right, or I am doing this merely because she is the fiancee of my arch nemesis?

"Anbu, irunthalum nee suthi poye kayira katirukaalaam. Ipo paru, avaloda perfume scent ellam un mela. Hhhmmmhh"( Anbu, you could have tied the rope standing behind the chair instead. Now look, her perfume scent is all over you.) Kingsley who lays on a thick bedsheet spread on the floor says, while keeping his eyes on the ceiling.

Anbu turned to the other side on his bed and asked the same question to himself. Her perfume's all over him, and still lingers even though he striped down to his vests and pyjamas. Anbu's thought wandered to a path it never went before : then, doss my scent linger on her, and disturb her too?

"Anbu!! Then will your scent----"

"MOODITU PADRA" (shut the hell up and sleep)

**********************************

Raja's Room

Raja has been staring at Ammu's Instagram profile all evening. His phone screen is still frozen with the picture of Ammu kissing an Irish man. The tag says he's a Zack. Raja has seen this guy in graduation pictures of Ammu; she did a diploma in Germany.

'Nobody can fall in love in half-day, either it is to teach me a lesson or, this has been going on for some days." Raja said to Y/N, but he sounded more like he is thinking out loud.

Y/N is sitting beside him on his bed. The extremely soft matress made Y/N sink; even her palms resting on either side for balance feels like she is getting sucked inside the matress.

'Guess this is a shocker for you too!' Raja said looking at her uncomfortable face.

'yeah.. no I mean... while I do agree that no one can fall in and out of love that easily, let us not assume anything until I can contact her again.' Y/N said and gave an tiny apologetic smile. Her hands sunk more as Raja pushed himself back to lay his body on the bed while his legs dangled.

"How does he even sleep in this?" Y/N thought as she thought of getting up and moving to the chair, but that guy sprung up and she clenched the fabric so she would not lose balance.

'God is this bed or trampoline!' Y/N's thoughts escaped as whispers.

"Hey Y/N!"

"sorry I meant your mattress is really good." Y/N blurbed.

"What?" Raja asked confused.

"What?" Y/N asked with same confidence.

"I just had an idea. And if you would comply we can all have what we want." Raja said as he described his plan to Y/N.

"No way I help you with this!" Y/N said loudly and reached the doorknob.

"Agni."

The hand on the doorknob slid down.