11: Realization

Anbu's been drinking the entire day. The bottles are rolling around him, clinking on each other. His room reeks of cigarettes and booze. He wonders whether his Anni and Banu too, just acted nice so he would be their loyal 'watch-dog'.

He did not take any calls from India.

So many memories flash inside his head, screaming to 'see the obvious' meaning on the treatment he received prior.

Raja tries his best to console his desolate friend, at least, to stop drinking. Raja always wished Anbu showed his interest on other careers, instead of being a scary henchman for his brother and ruining his life.

He puts knocked-out Anbu on bed and exits his room.

All the time Y/N was waiting outside. "enna enna enna aachu (what what what happened??" she asks impatiently.

"Poruma poruma dheivame (patience patience my god) unna nambi periya gol-mal la erangiruken. avasara pattu kaati kuduthuraadha ma thaaye (I have taken a big risk for your trick. Don't bust us due to your impatience!) Raaja guides her to his room.

Y/N feels nervous entering into his room, considering what had happened before. She hesitates, standing between the entrance, and finally goes in, as it is a sunny afternoon and she has her heavy 'kaapu' (metal bangle) ready in her fist, if his 'another face' gets out by chance.

"Do you promise that Anbu's life will be saved, or, you're deceiving me too to complete your mission?" Raja asks her, while handing her bonds he had with him all these days.

"See, I view Ram as the sole criminal. Ram uses his goons' poverty and Anbu's brotherly love to his advantage. But technically, Anbu has to serve some years, as he indeed beaten up many people so bad. He can start his reformed life, after serving for his wrongdoings." Y/N says and Raja thinks about it.

"Can I ask why you care so much about Anbu?" Raja asks Y/N which took her aback.

"Yaaru? naana? (who? me?) Konjam vita kaluthulaye sorugirupaan, avana pathi naa kavala... poda angutu (He would have shoved the knife on my neck if I delayed. And you're saying I care about him... shut up man) Y/N laughs, but she still remembers the mortal fear she got when Anbu held the machette high, aiming for a perfect swing.

Y/N knows the only thing that saved her was Anbu's hesitation during the first swing. And she knows the reason behind his hesitation.

Because he likes her.

She knew this all along; she's not dumb, she's a top undercover journalist for a reason.

Anbu has problems enough to slip his wallet somewhere and forget about it. Y/N finding it was sheer luck and she also found a photo of herself tore off from a magazine that featured her volunteering work, perfectly folded as only her face shows and kept it hidden inside his wallet.

But she never knew that his little crush on her would save her life one day.

Meanwhile, Raja got this new respect, on Y/N; he is attracted to the tricksy plots of Y/N. He never knew Ammu had such a girl for a friend.

"You know what helps a person who just escaped death?" Raja asked but Y/N did not even bother to look up at him; she is too busy updating her firm that she is alive and the mission is still ON.

Embarrassed, he coughs to get her attention, "Y/N, ahem, do you want my special coffee or not?" he asks scratching his head.

"Yes, Raja." She answers, as if it was her office boy who asked her whether she wants tea or coffee. Raja walked away and within minutes, entered with an aromatic coffee that finally pulled Y/N away from her phone.