2: The Confusion

" All ready. Vaa seekiram. (Come soon.)" Anbu cuts the call. He looks at the blind-folded girl whimpering helplessly on his warehouse. She is wearing a red saree and gold border. Classic bridal style. The blindfold is almost fully wet due to her non-stop crying. Her hands are tied and she is made to sit on the floor, leaning on a wall. "Anbu, take off the blind fold and mouth cover. We want to see our boy's girlfriend." One of his men demanded.

"She gonna see us anyway. You are the one who is going to lead this wedding right? Let us make a good impression, and explain her everything." Another one reasons.

Anbu signed to proceed. He sits on a bean bag in front of the helpless girl. His men stands around them, forming a closed circle inside the vast half empty warehouse.

Anbu used to see this girl once in a month in the beach with her little group of kids to clean up. Anbu's men would ship him with the unknown girl, as the only girl he has ever cared to take a look, is her.

"Anbu...isn't she..." His men realized once they took the blind-fold off, and the happiness in their face erased.

"Dei fucker ! Where the fucker is flower garland and 'thaali' (Nuptial chain). " Anbu roared, impatiently, and also to hide the unpleasant feeling he has no name for.

"On the way Anbu." His man sadly replied.

" ipo enna? (now what?) What? What is your problem?" Anbu asked and they all nodded 'no'.

Of course they would be sad. All of them are committed in a relationship or have a family right now and they want Anbu to settle as well. They thought they can persuade Anbu to go talk to that girl and ask her hand. But fate! That girl is to marry his friend!!! If it was any one other than Raja, they would have break his bones to keep her single until they manage to persuade Anbu.

Anbu never said anything directly to them. He occasionally smiles whenever they joke about him and her getting married, a smile that only comes when talking about the 'beach girl'.

The goons understand that Anbu would be cranky for some weeks like he is right now. Might drink more than ever, they're worried.

Raja arrives.

"Where the hell did you go, da? Hurry, to the temple!" Anbu pushed him. But Raja went straight to the girl and made her stand up.

"You okay? I am really sorry for my friends..." He apologized.

"You do all this on your honeymoon. Now get inside the fucking car." Anbu shouted, annoyed.

"Anbu! There's another girl crying in the car!" One of his men, who went to buy garland and chain shouted from the entrance, standing beside the car with which Raja arrived.

Anbu looked back at Raja, as confused as his men.

*******************************

"If you are not the bride? Why you did not tell us?" Anbu introspected the 'beach girl'. Raja and the real Ammu are fighting standing in the entrance, where Raja blocks her way, not letting her leave him, again.

"Like you let me! And you told me not to speak a word or otherwise - nu!" The girl who was kidnapped said defensively.

"Iyo! (equivalent to oh god!), what's done is done. First make her sit on the sofa and give her water, da" One of Anbu's men said to another and instantly she was handed a bottle of cold water. Anbu glared at them.

"Illa Anbu (no Anbu), she will answer more clearly after drinking water la! That's why" He reasoned as the others beside him tried to control their triumphant smiles.

"What is your name, tell me now at least?" Anbu asked her.

"Ama ma (yeah ma) at least tell now for once, suspense thaangala! (Can't stay in suspense anymore!)"