1: Beaten Down

"Hey, fag!" A familiar voice called out to me.

Knowing exactly what was going to follow that call, I hunch my shoulders and turn to face the music head on.

Alex swaggered towards me, a smirk on his face and his idiot cronies on either side of him. I bit the inside of my lip and mentally prepare myself for today's torment. He stopped a few feet away and gave me a once over.

"Bold today, aren't you? Usually you'd try to run." He snorted.

Usually I did. But for some reason today I was just tired of all the bullshit. I met his hard gaze head on.

"And add to your fun? What's the point?"

Immediately his eyes darkened and the smirk on his face slipped into a frown. He ordered his goons to keep a look out as he stepped forward to grab me by the collar and dragged me behind a nearby building. All the breath in my lungs whooshed out as he slammed me against the brick, struggling to catch a breath as he leaned in close. Alex was easily an entire head taller than me and brawny; I was no match for his strength as he held me in place.

"Feeling awfully bold aren't you?" He growled lowly. "Do I have to remind you of your place?"

"N-no."

He lifted me up and slammed me against the brick again, my breath leaving me a second time. "No, what?"

I wheeze, trying to catch my breath, and he shifted his grip from my collar to my throat. I was locked in place, barely able to inhale.

"Answer me!"

"No, Beta Apparent sir." I croak out.

His grip loosened, but only slightly. "Good boy. Never forget your place Robin. You are beneath me, no better than a lousy Omega. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Beta Apparent sir."

Finally he let me go and I fell to my knees, gasping for air. Above my head, Alex chuckled and thrust his hips in my directions.

"I think I like you like this." He purred. I didn't–couldn't–respond but it didn't matter as he continued on. "Now, as we've been hearing nonstop all month, tomorrow is Blake's birthday. But I haven't gotten him a gift yet. That's not a good look for me, yanno? So I need you to go into town and get him something for me."

I remain silent, just trying to breathe, but my thoughts were whirling. Did Alex know about my gift for Blake? The one I bought weeks ago, carefully wrapped, and hid from prying eyes like his? I know he did not want me to give him my gift, to present to Blake as his own? It was a limited edition cologne from his favorite brand! I couldn't get something like that again with only a day left.

Alex crouched down and lifted my chin up until our eyes met. "I know about your fucking cologne and I don't want that. What kind of man would I be to give another man cologne? Just get him like a suit or something. I bet your freaky gay ass already knows his measurements, don't you?"

Okay uh–no, I did not know Blake's measurements. Why the hell would I know something like that?

When I shook my head, Alex sighed and lifted me up by my collar. "Well, figure it out. Fuck this up and I promise you'll regret it. If you think your life is hell now...I'll prove just how wrong you are."

I swallowed hard. "Yes, Beta Apparent sir."

"Good." He let me go and brushed my shoulders roughly. "I assume you have money right? I don't care if it takes you all night and you don't get any sleep, you will have what I asked for by tomorrow morning. I want to wake up with it in my hands, got it?"