15.2: How Reese found Conner

"Hmm, I wonder if Alpha would like this one?" Reese muttered to himself as he stared at a display of baby blankets. He was determined to find the perfect blanket. No baby could go around without their precious cuddly blanket. Even more valuable than a teddy bear, blankets kept babies warm while also providing them with a sense of security. Reese would not have his Alpha's pups wihout proper security!

Alpha hadnt liked the one he had brought earlier. It was a normal blue blanket, with a little teddy stitched into the corner. Reese was still scratching his head over why the Alpha hadnt liked it. Maybe Alpha didnt like the color blue. Or maybe he didnt like teddy bears. Whatever it was, Alpha Robin was more likely to kill him if he came back with something else not up to par. For now he was going to play it safe and try to gather some more info on the things his Alpha liked. So he continued on his merry way, greeting the familiar faces he saw. He really liked this town. It was where he was currently contracted to work, and was one of the smaller towns surrounding the main city. The distance wasnt too far from the pack, and the people were nice. He was a complete stranger with basically no information or proper identification, but they took him in and helped him get his construction job. In gratitide he often helped the towns people out with any need; painting, building, destroying, moving, whatever it was he did his best. They gave him sweets or pastries or sometimes even clothes.

Suddenly the smell of werewolf blood flooded his senses and Reese came to an abrupt stop. His ears trained on every little noise as his eyes widened and scouted the area. There was no sounds of a fight, but he did pick up labored breathing. His gaze turned to the alley across the street and his eyes narrowed. It wasnt too late, only 8 o'clock, but it was a quiet area as most were closing up shop or already heading home. A werewolf fight wouldnt have gone unnoticed, in either form, as the noise would have attracted many. So that had to mean it was a werewolf versus a human. And somehow the werewolf lost.

For a long moment Reese was stuck between minding his business and going home, and going to check out what happened. But eventually his curiosity got the best of him and he quickly jogged across the street. The scent of blood mixed with a strong case of B.O. that immediately assaulted Reese's senses. He growled and covered his nose as he quickly searched for the source. The scent of blood led Reese to a pile of trash. He hesitated for a second but then, after smelling no decay or rot, began to dig through the trash until he found an arm. With a mighty heave he pulled the body out the trash and the two fell to the floor. A groan came from the body, followed by a pitiful whine.

"I wos sleepin'." A male voice came from the body.

Reese pushed the body off and frowned at the sight. It was just a little boy, no older than his Alpha Reese was sure, and he was covered in layers of dirt and grime. There was also blood mixed in, both fresh and old. Wide eyes blinked up at him, watery with exhaustion and pain.

"Are ya here tah have some fun as well, huh?"

"What?" Reese frowned. "Who are you?"

The boy gave him a weird look. "Ya come tah find me, and dunno who I'm? M'names Conner."

"Conner?"

"Yup." The boy scooted away. "Lemme sleep a lil before ya have ya turn. M'exhausted."

And with that the boy collapsed. Reese stared down at him in confusion. There was no doubt what happened to the poor boy. It was a tough world for a rogue. Other werewolves had no problems taking advantage of them, and doing terrible things to them. Reese bit his lip. There was no way he was just going to leave this poor boy here. But his Alpha wanted a small pack, and Reese had already brought two others. His Alpha had nearly bitten off his head just over a blanket. But...his Alpha was also kind and would never reject someone in need of help. Especially someone close of age.  Mind made up, Reese gently picked the boy up and carried him out of town into the forest. Once deep enough in the trees to provide suitable camouflage, Reese put the boy on his back and transformed. On the way there he prayed his Alpha was in a good mood and not hormonal.

~~~
Im thinking about incorporating little short stories to get some background into everyone's lives 🤔🤔 lemme know what you think so far
Comment and/or vote if you liked the chapter ❤❤