9:

"I'm gonna be blunt here." I said immediately as Reese closed the door behind me. "Have you been killing Jagger's men?"

Blake gave me a droll look before turning away. He grabbed a glass from the silver tray at his desk and filled it with the dark liquor from the tumbler beside it. From the smell, I could tell it was whiskey. He held the glass out to me, his gaze unwavering, and stood there until I took it with a sigh. Then he poured himself a glass and moved to sit behind his desk. He looked to me and gestured for me to take a seat. With a huff, I plopped down into the chair, sparing an awkward glance at Alex who was just standing stoically by Blake's side.

"How have you been, Robin?" Blake asked me coolly.

I gave him an incredulous look. "Seriously? You're joking right? You have to be."

He arched a brow. "So? Are you gonna answer?"

"You have got to be kidding me." I muttered. "I'm fine, Blake. How are you?"

His smile was saccharine. "I'm sure you can imagine what a life without a Mate is like. In fact, you probably know exactly how I feel."

Oh, so this is how it's gonna be. I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath to calm down. The pushover me from ten years ago was gone. I shot Reese a look, and he was out the room in the next second. Alex followed promptly after him, needing no signal. I turned my glare to Blake, who returned it with an infuriatingly cool look.

"I'm glad you know what it's like to be left behind and neglected." I seethed.

He snorted, anger and disbelief crossing his face. "Oh, get over yourself! Someone stops paying attention to you and you're all oh woe is me! Do you what it was like having to live with all the shit that happened after you left?!"

"Are you kidding me?!" I shot up, advancing to his desk and slamming my hands on it. "I went through so much shit for years while my supposed friend and intended Mate was out gallivanting with his friends--who, by the way, only hung out with you because of your position and not because they actually liked you--on some stupid power high! You know what happened! You knew what I wanted! And if I recall properly, when I told you I was leaving, you started blubbering like some little pussy--!"

I was cut off as he abruptly stood with a vicious growl and slammed his hands on the desk much harder than I did, the wood beneath our palms creaking in protest. The fury made his eyes a brilliant emerald with a small spiky line of hazel around the pupil. I didn't flinch as he got into my face, meeting him head on.

Silence reigned the room as the tension thickened. Neither of us were willing to back down to each other. I was insanely furious and I couldn't pinpoint exactly why. Maybe because he didn't react like he wanted to see me, maybe because of the words he said, maybe because it had been years and years since we had last seen each other and this was the only way we knew how to interact. Or maybe even it was all of those reasons thrown together into a ball and flung at us.

Either way, all I knew that was staring into his gorgeous eyes was slowly chipping away at my anger to reveal a lot of suppressed lust and desire. I saw it in him as well, his gaze filling with lust, and that was that.

Next thing I knew, his lips were on mine and I was moaning into his mouth. Electric zings were flying from my lips down my body and I just couldn't get enough of it. I growled low in my throat, crawling over the table to wrap my legs around Blake's waist and my arms around his neck. One of his hands cupped my ass, the other wrapping around the back of my neck, holding me tightly to him. My hand slid down his shoulders and chest, appreciating the muscle hidden underneath his shirt. He thrust his hips forward and my head flew back as a guttural moan was forced out. Blake didn't miss a beat, his lips latching on to my neck.