ben hardy - the blind date

why am i doing this? why did i agree to go on this blind date? i hate every thought of having to walk into a fancy restaurant and wait for a guy that will most likely be the most dreadful person in the world. have i ever been on a blind date you ask? no i have not. and i never intended to until tonight when my best friend y/bsf/n called me and told me what she had planned without my knowing or consent. before i could even argue with her, she hung up the phone and sent me all the details. god, i hate her sometimes. 

i know what you're thinking 'just don't go, leave him hanging' which isn't the dumbest of ideas, but i don't want to come across as a rude person so i did what any mature young woman would do, i would just suck it up and go on the goddamn date. 

y/bsf/n told me that i had to be at the restaurant by 7pm. at 6pm i had a shower, washed everything. i even shaved which i haven't done in a while but i thought why the hell not. i put on some light makeup (i didn't wanna go all out on the first date) i put on a red dress and some black heels, i grabbed a jacket and my shoulder bag and by quarter to 7, i was out the door. 

driving to the restaurant, my stomach was doing so many crazy things. i was getting nervous butterflies. and i don't get nervous much. once i got there, i got the closest park to the restaurant and went straight in before i could talk myself out of it. i was told by y/bsf/n that he was blonde, quite tall, green eyes and had a british accent, yeah like i was gonna pick up on the accent before anything else. 

i went up to the counter. "reservation for y/n please." i asked the waitress. she smiled at me before passing me a menu. "right this way." i followed her around the restaurant when we finally stopped at a table at the very back. that's when i saw him. he was beautiful. he was blonde and had gorgeous green eyes, just as y/bsf/n had said. once he saw me, he beamed the most perfect smile i had ever seen in my life. i thanked the waitress and sat down across from the beautiful stranger. 

"hi, i'm ben, ben hardy." he said, reaching out to shake my hand. i grabbed for his extended hand and exchanged a smile. "hi, i'm y/n y/l/n." we let go of each other's hand and began talking. we didn't discuss much. we talked about our families, our childhood. i even found out that ben was an actor. i knew he looked familiar! the waitress came with our meals and topped up our drinks. we talked some more, and i had an amazing evening with this man. he somehow knew how to keep a smile on my face. 

once we had finished our meals, we split the check halfway and we walked outside and were greeted with the fresh, winter breeze. "well, um, i had a lovely time." ben said, scratching the back of his neck. i chuckled and looked at him. "yeah, me too." we stood there awkwardly when ben finally said. "i wasn't actually going to show up tonight. i don't really like the idea of blind dates." i looked at him, shocked. "oh my god, me neither." we both laughed. "well, isn't that a great surprise?" ben said, putting his hands in his pants pockets. "yeah, i guess it is." we looked each other in the eyes, and i felt myself getting more and more nervous just standing next to him. 

"uh, well i should get going." i said, cutting the awkward staring. ben didn't say anything. instead he put both hands on the sides of my face and leaned in, placing his lips on mine. usually, i wouldn't kiss someone on the first date, but just by kissing ben, it was almost like i've wanted this my whole life. we pulled apart for a breath, but ben still had his hands on my face. "i didn't know i was going to do that, but you already do something to me y/n." at those words, i got weak in the knees and a whole zoo in my stomach. 

let's just say, we definitely saw each other after that..