rami malek - denial

rami and i are the type of people that flirt, tease one another, act like a couple but will never go there. so many people always tell us "are you two dating?" "what? no you are dating." "you would be so cute." and sure, we've had those moments were i thought we were going to kiss or confess but it never goes that far. and if i'm being honest, i like where we are as friends and i don't want to change it. 

one night i'm at rami's and we're sitting by the pool, watching the sunset, drinking champagne. "beautiful night." i say, sipping my drink. "yeah." rami agress, looking at me. "so, how was filming today?" rami is in the movie bohemian rhapsody as freddie mercury and i could not be more happier for him. this is definitely the kick start to his career. rami nods. "it was good. busy." i giggle. "ben and joe still have sexual tension?" rami almost spits out his drink which causes me to laugh out loud. "uh yeah you could say that." i giggle and nod my head. 

once the sun has finally set, we lay down on his lawn, gazing up at the stars. "see any constellations?" i ask. i look over at rami who shakes his head. i love his jawline so much oh my god. that's when i finally decide to say something. i sit up and lean on my elbow. "rami?" rami looks over at me and copies the way i'm sitting. "yeah?" i take a deep breath. "look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have anything for me." rami's eyes widen but my facial expressions maintain neutral. "what?" i sit up. "you know what i mean rami. for the past 8 years all people have asked us is if we're dating, have a fling, hooking up and it's making me ask myself if we actually have something going on we just can't express it to one another." rami sits up, keeping the eye contact. 

"of course we have something y/n, we can't be in denial of that." i sigh and look forward. "then what are we doing?" rami moves closer. "what do you mean?" i finally look at rami again and go for it. and place my lips softly on his warm ones. as we're kissing i'm now realising how much we both needed this to happen. 

we pull away from each other but he keeps his hand on the side of my face. "we can't be friends anymore y/n, i'll always see you as more than that." i giggle and lean into him again.