roger taylor - friends

i finally got my boss to let me leave early so i could surprise roger with a romantic evening. driving to our shared apartment, i see an unfamiliar car parked in our parking spot. i choose to ignore it and walk up to the door. "roger?" i say as i step inside, taking off my coat and shoes. silence. that's weird, his car was parked out front and there's no way he would be sleeping, it's only 5pm. 

i walk into the living room and see it, a bra on the couch. i pick it up, my heart shattering in my chest. that's when i hear moans coming from our shared bedroom. i drop the bra and fast walk to the bedroom and fling open the door. and that's when i see roger fucking some other girl. "y/n? oh my god, it's not what it looks like i-" i roll my eyes and scoff. "oh yeah, then tell me roger, what the fuck am i looking at?!" i scream, not even waiting for his answer and running out into the hallway. "fuck." roger mutters, getting up and getting dressed. "leave. now." he tells the girl before running off after me. 

"y/n, love please i'm sorry, i don't know what i was thinking." 

"save it roger, i don't want to hear it." before i let roger say anything else, i'm already out the door, walking to my car. once i drive far enough, i park my car and cry like there's no tomorrow. why am i surprised? for the past 2 years everybody has been warning me about roger and his secret love affairs. but i chose to ignore them. being blinded by love isn't fun. 

the next day, i go back to our apartment, not even willing to talk to roger. i'm just there to get my stuff then leave. walking into the apartment, roger is out on the balcony, smoking a cigarette. i creep past carefully, trying not to alarm him and tell him i'm here. i quietly pack my stuff and go back out into the living room. "y/n?" shit. i turn around and see roger. puffy eyes, red nose, dishelleved hair. "i just came to get my stuff roger." i say, turing back around to leave for the door. "wait, y/n please let me explain i-" i turn back around. "roger, i told you i don't want to hear it. i'm leaving and that's the end of it!" i yell, leaving him speechless. he sighs and doesn't say a word. i take that as i cue to leave and shut the door behind me. 

i drive to mary's house and knock on the door. a few seconds later, freddie answers the door. "y/n! darling i- what's the matter dear?" freddie asks me, pulling me inside. "he cheated on me, fred." i sniffle. he pulls me into a warm embrace. mary walks down the stairs smiling until she sees the tears. "y/n! what happened?" she asks. freddie lets me go and i run to mary, burying my head in her neck. "roger cheated mary." i whimper. mary pouts and rubs my back. "oh darling, you don't need that pig." i laugh at her name calling and rub my eyes. "can i stay with you for a bit until i get my life sorted?" i ask. mary smiles. "of course you can love." mary and freddie help me take my stuff into the spare room and leave me to get organised. 

5 MONTHS LATER

------------------------------------------------------

it's been 5 months since roger cheated on me. i honestly thought i would be completely shattered and heartbroken. i mean, i was but i got over him pretty quickly. i'm still staying at mary's but she isn't bothered. she said she could use some company when freddie's not there.

one evening, i'm sitting in the living room, switching through different channels when mary comes into the room. "we should go out tonight." she says, sitting next to me. i look at her. "why?" i ask. mary scoffs. "because, you've done nothing but mope around here for 5 months." i roll my eyes and look at her. "i have not been. i'm over him mary, you know that." i say, putting my attention back onto the tv screen. mary picks up the remote and turns the tv off. "hey, i was watching that!" i exclaim. "c'mon, you're going to look hot and someone is taking you home tonight." mary says, pulling me off the couch and tugging me up the stairs. 

we walk into the bar, and it's pretty crowded. "wow." mary says, linking my arm with hers. we walk up to the bartender and order our drinks. we sit down for half an hour before we were later joined by freddie and brian. "oh my god, brian how are you?" i ask, standing up and giving brian a big hug. "hi y/n, i'm doing great, how are you holding up?" he asks, i nod. "no i'm good." i say. 

we all sit back down and talk. a few minutes later we are joined by john. shit, is roger here too? i give john a hug and we start talking for a bit. that's when the moment comes that i had dreaded. i see roger walking over to us. i gulp and my heart beats faster then it should be. i excuse myself to the bathroom and lock myself in. it's fine y/n, everything's going to be fine. just don't talk to him. did mary know he was going to be there? that bitch. 

i walk out of the bathroom and make my way back, trying not to think of any worse case scenarios. "y/n?" i feel a hand on my shoulder and i turn around and meet his eyes. i smile softly. "hi roger." i pull him in for a quick hug. "how are you?" roger asks, clearly nervous. i nod and smile. "i'm great, how are you?" i ask, trying not to let him hear my voice shaking. "not good if i'm being honest." he answers truthfully. i look at my feet and back up at him.

"why's that?" i ask even though i already know the answer. "i think you know, y/n." he says, grabbing my hand. i let him and look him deep in his eyes. i grab his other hand and we hold hands. "roger, we can't. you hurt me." i whisper. roger sighs. "i know and i can't tell you how much i hate myself for what i did to you, y/n." i give him a reassuring smile. "i never stopped loving you." i confess. roger gives me a genuine smile and shrugs. "me neither." 

"friends?" i ask. roger's smile drops. this is only for the best. he nods trying to contain his composture. "yeah..friends.."