brian may - knocked up

for the past week every morning i have woken up to an upset stomach and running over to the bathroom, hurling up whatever my stomach didn't like. i'm not vomiting anything it up, it's just mucus and watery substances. i haven't told brian about it yet since he and the boys have just left a week ago for a tour around america. 

one morning, i decide to call mary. "hey. y/n what's up?" mary answers the phone after a few rings. "hey mary, can you come over? there's something i think i need to do but i don't want to do it alone." mary stays silent for a few seconds. "yeah sure, i'll be over soon. are you okay?" she asks. "yeah i'm fine, don't worry." mary and i exchange our goodbyes and i wait for her to come by. a few minutes later there's a knock on my front door. i open it to reveal a smiling yet worried mary. i let her in and we sit on the couch. "so what's up?" mary asks, sitting next to me. i take a deep breath. "i think i'm pregnant." mary beams the biggest smile. "are you serious? how do you know? did you take a test?" she asks, holding my hands in hers. 

"not yet, that's why i wanted you to come over and help me." mary nods her head. "yes of course, i understand." i smile at her. "do you have tests here or do we have to go get some?" mary asks. "no we have to go get some." mary nods her head and stands up. "let's go see if you're knocked up." i laugh and we walk out the door. 

once we get back from the pharmacy, i follow the instructions and we wait patiently for the timer to go off. "what if you're pregnant y/n? would you keep it?" mary asks, quietly. i look at her for a second and sigh. "i don't know mary, i mean i'm only 21." she wraps her arm around my shoulder, pulling me into her side, comforting me. "you know you have me and freddie, john, roger and sweetheart, you have brian.. it is brian's baby right?" mary asks, eyeing me. "of course it is." mary then gets a realization. "you two had?"

"yes mary, that's how getting pregnant works." i laugh, nudging her. "wow y/n, never thought you two would move that quickly." i eye her. "hey, we've been together for 3 years." i say. "okay fair enough." the timer dings causing us to both to turn our heads. i take a big deep breath and stand up. "you want me to look first?" mary asks, standing beside me. i shake my head. "i'm okay." 

i pick up the test and look at it. two lines. i'm pregnant.. i can't help but smile. mary sees me smiling and jumps up and down. "does this mean you're keeping it?" mary chuckles. i think for a second.

brian and i have talked about the future before. we have both said we want kids, we want to get married, we want to properly move in together. but that is talking further into the future. how am i going to tell brian?

i look at mary who's smile is bigger than mount everest. "what am i going to tell brian?" i ask, dread filling my heart. mary's smile drops. "hey, everything's going to be fine. he'll love you even more and he'll love his baby. i promise you." i hug mary, thanking her for being there for me. she leaves half an hour later after making sure i'm not going to go insane. 

that night, the home phone rings and i just know it's brian. i walk slowly over to the phone, sighing before putting on a smile and picking up the receiver. "hello?" i ask into the phone. "hello my love, how's my special girl doing?" brian asks, beaming over the phone. "hey bri, i'm doing good, how's tour?" 

"it's going great, everyone loves us." brian exclaims. i giggle. "that's good." 

"hey, are you okay?" shit. "yeah, everything's great, why do you ask?" i ask, putting on a fake smile. "you sound upset." i sigh. "no brian, i'm fine, i-i just miss you that's all." i can hear brian's sad smile over the phone. "i know love and i miss you more. just a few more weeks then i'll be home." i smile sadly. "okay." 

"brian we gotta go!" i hear roger shout from his end of the line. "i'm sorry darling i gotta go, i'll call you tomorrow i love you." brian says. "i love you to-" the phone gets disconnected before i could reply. i sigh and place the phone back down on the hook. this is going to be a long few weeks.

5 WEEKS LATER 

---------------------------------------------

today is the day brian is coming back from tour. i'm so excited to see him but also nervous. my stomach his grown a little bit but it's not totally noticeable yet. "are you excited to see brian?" mary asks. "yeah i really am. but i'm also nervous."

"you don't have to be nervous y/n, it's going to be fine." mary reassures me. her words are comforting but the thought of telling brian that i'm pregnant with his child and him leaving me still swarms my mind. "are you picking them up?" i ask mary. "yup, this afternoon. do you wanna tag along?" mary asks. "no. i'll just wait here." i say, picking at lose strands of my hair. "okay." 

we say our goodbyes and i hop in the shower, letting all the small water droplets wash my worries away. 

that afternoon, i'm sitting on the dining room table when the door opens. my heart thumps against my chest. i run towards the door and there he is. brian is standing in the doorway, looking dishevelled and worn out. "oh brian." i leap into his arms. he catches me just in time before i hit the ground. he holds onto me so tightly. i wrap my legs around his waist and he carries me to our shared bedroom. he lays me down on the bed and starts attacking my neck and face with kisses, making me laugh and giggle. "okay, brian stop." i laugh. he lays down next to me, tangling our fingers together. "god, i missed you." brian whispers, kissing my knuckles. i turn around, facing him and stroke his cheek. "and i missed you." he rubs my stomach which makes me sit up. brian looks at me concerned. "what is it?" he places his hand on my lower back. 

here it goes..

"brian, there's something i've been meaning to tell you." i say, trying to keep my voice steady. brian looks at me blankly. "there isn't someone else is there?" i gasp unexpectedly and place my hand on his cheek. "god no, no that's not it." i assure him. he takes a deep breath. "okay good. what is it baby?" i exhale so deeply i feel as if my lungs would collapse. i spit it out before i can spit it back in again. 

"brian i'm pregnant." we do nothing but stare at each other for a few seconds. "really?" brian asks. i nod my head, tears threatening to fall. as soon as brian sees me tear up, he interlocks our lips. i kiss him back hoping this isn't the last time we do. "y/n, that's amazing!" i look at him, bewildered but happily. "so, you're not angry?" brian scoffs. 

"angry? why the bloody hell would i be angry at something like that? y/n, i love you and i'm going to do everything it takes to take care of you-" he places his hand on my stomach, rubbing it gently. "and our baby." i smile, a happy tear spilling down my cheek. 

"it is mine right?" brian asks, sitting back a bit. i laugh. "yes you dummy." 

"good."