ben hardy - more than friends

today's the day. i'm getting married to the love of my life, julian. we've been together for 4 years already and he asked me to marry him 6 months ago. now i'm here, in my white dress, getting more and more anxious as the minutes tick by. i just got my hair and makeup done when i start to have a panic attack. my best friend, y/bsf/n and my mum tried to calm me down but nothing was working. my other best friend, ben hardy, came into the room and his smile dropped as soon as he saw the state i was in. 

"y/n, what's wrong, are you okay?" he asks, putting his hands on the side of my face. i shake my head, unable to say anything. "can you leave us please?" ben asks my mum and y/bsf/n. they nod their heads and leave. "okay y/n, deep breaths okay? in, out, yes good, in, out." i follow ben's breathing pattern and slowly begin the calm down and steady my breathing. "thank you, ben." i say, giving him a smile. "of course, love. now, go out there and get married to the love of your life." i give him another smile as my mum and my bridesmaids come into the room. "leave. it's bad luck seeing me in my dress." i tease ben. he laughs and gives me a kiss on the forehead. "i love you." he whispers and leaves the room. i love you too ben, more than friends.

i've known ben practically my whole life. we've grown up together. we went to prom together (as friends) and we just compliment each other so well. my parents and his thought we'd end up with each other, but it never happened. the first time i realised i was in love with ben hardy was news years eve. when the countdown for new years was slowly coming down. he was smiling and all happy. "3,2,1, HAPPY NEW YEARS!" people around as bellowed. ben turned towards me and kissed me. we've kissed before. but that was in stupid children's games like spin the bottle, seven minutes in heaven, truth or dare etc. but this kiss felt different. i needed it. and for the first time, i was in love with my best friend. that was now 5 years ago, and i still haven't gotten over him. yes, i'm in love with julian, i have been for 4 years but i've loved ben longer. sometimes i even think longer than 5 years. but things are different now. i'm getting married. i can't think about him right now. 

"okay darling, are you ready?" mum asked me, putting the vail over my head. i gulp. "ready as i'll ever be." i respond. my dad takes my arm and leads me to the closed doors where my future awaits. "i love you sweetheart." dad says, i look over at him. "i love you too, dad." when the piano starts playing, the doors slowly swing open and everyone in the chapel turned around and stands up. as dad walks me down the aisle, my heart starts hammering against my chest. dad passes me over to julian and kisses me on the cheek. julian removes my vail and sighs. "you look absolutely beautiful." he whispers. i smile and silently thank him. 

as the priest was saying verses from the bible, i look to my right and ben was looking right at me. was that sadness is his eyes? or was he happy? he noticed me looking and gave me a small smile. i return it and quickly look back at julian. 

"julian hayworth, do you take y/n y/l/n to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest asks julian. julian smirks. "i do." i smile at him and suddenly get the thought in my head. i can't marry this man. i'm not in love with him anymore. 

"and do you, y/n y/l/n, take julian hayworth to be your lawfully wedded husband?" everyone was looking at me. julian, the priest, my parents, julian's parents, and ben. oh, ben. "i-i." i stuttered. i took a deep breath and speak the truth. "no." julian's eyes fill with sadness and everyone around us gasp and starts whispering. i couldn't take it so i ran back down the aisle and outside into the garden that is surrounding the church. the one person i hoped to have followed me, did. a few minutes later, ben came walking around the corner, calling my name.

"y/n?" ben calls. "i'm here." i say. ben looks at me and smiles. he walks over to me and sits next to me on the swing chair. "why didn't you say i do?" ben asks. i look ben in the eyes. "i think you know why ben." i whisper. ben at first looks confused but then smiles. he looks around to make sure no one's looking and leans in for a well needed kiss. 

"i'm guessing you don't want to marry julian?" ben smirks, caressing my cheek with his thumb. i smile. "no." ben kisses my forehead. we walk back into the chapel, his hand in mine. i walk over to julian who is sitting in the front row of seats, surrounded by everyone else. "julian." julian looks up. "you don't want to marry me do you?" i pick up his hand and walk him somewhere private. "i'm sorry, julian, i didn't mean to embarrass you, it's just that i don't love you anymore." julian hangs his head and nods. "i'm sorry." i say again. julian shakes his head. "no, y/n, please don't be sorry, you can't control your feelings. i respect you and i love you and i just want what's best for you." he kisses my hand and i smile. 

"tell him to treat you right." he looks at ben who is talking with my parents. i smile. "he always has." 

------------------------------------------

A/N: ahhhhh i love this so much!!

danielle <3