rami malek - true love

i have never experienced true love. sure, i've been in love before and i thought we would somehow always be together but now thinking about it, i knew it wouldn't last forever.. until i met him.

-----------------------------------------

i was in my local coffee shop in downtown LA, studying for my uni finals. i'm studying to become an architect. my name gets called, signaling to me that my coffee was finally served. another name was called right after mine when i got up to collect my drink. i grabbed my drink and took a sip of it, wary that it would be hot. it wasn't hot, it just wasn't my order. "excuse me, miss. I think our drinks got mixed up." i turn around and that's when i saw him for the first time. he had beautiful brown hair, gorgrous sunken blue eyes and a jawline that could cut through metal. shit, was i staring? "oh, yeah sorry." we switched drinks and were now satisfied with our beverages. "i'm rami malek, what's your name gorgeous?" gorgeous? "y/n y/l/n." i say, shaking his hand. he smiles at me. "nice to meet you." he says, making direct eye contact that made me weak. 

i offered for him to sit with me and thankfully he obliged. we got talking and we hit it off pretty well. by the end of our conversation, he walked me to my car and helped me carry all my books. "thank you so much, i would never of been able to carry these by myself." i say, piling all my books into the passenger seat. "not a problem." rami says, smiling ear to ear. i close the passenger door and look at him. "it wouldn't be weird if i asked for your number would it?" he asks. i nod and smile, "oh no of course not. here, give me your phone." he passes me his phone and i punch in my digits, handing his phone back to him. "cool." rami says. i smile at him and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. "you better call me." i say, getting into my car and driving off before he could answer. 

that night, i got a call from an unknown number which i already guessed who it was. rami and i talked into the early hours of the morning and by 4am we decided to call it a night. well more of a morning. "i'll call you in the morning?" rami asks, in a sleepy tone. "what do you mean in the morning, it 4 already." i say, giggling. rami chuckles. "okay then, i'll call you in the evening." i roll my eyes and smile. "i'll be waiting." and with that we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. 

6 MONTHS LATER

----------------------------------------------

it's been almost 6 months since i met my now best friend, rami malek. i also made some new friends. ben hardy, joe mazzello, gwilym lee and lucy boynton. we all got close in the matter of seconds, especially lucy and i. 

we were all hanging out at ben's apartment when gwil and i offered to go get some more drinks. as we were filling up everyone's glasses, gwil spoke up. "so, how are things with you and rami?" he asks, eyeing me. i roll my eyes. "gwilym lee, for the thousandth time, we are just friends and that's that." gwil puts his hands up in surrender. "okay, okay i was just wondering if anything had changed is all." i look at him. "well, it hasn't so please stop asking." i say, walking back to everyone. i hear gwil laugh behind me but i choose to ignore him. 

a few hours had passed since then and everyone had decided to call it an evening. we were all in the driveway, talking for a little bit more when joe spoke up. "so y/n, got a boyfriend yet?" i look at joe with a confused glance. little did i know, he was just trying to get rami to crack since rami had just recently said to joe that he had developed feelings for me. 

i looked at ben who looked just as confused as i did. "uh, no joe i don't. why do you ask?" i ask, folding my arms. "you wanna take me out on a date?" joe's smile drops and he looks at rami. "okay, i take that as a no, you could've just said so i-" joe cuts me off. "no it's not that, it's just that-" 

"i'm in love with you!" 

we all turn and look at rami. i look up at him, shocked. i never thought i would hear those words come out of his mouth, especially towards me. "you what?" i ask, when nobody had said anything. "let's leave me for a minute should we?" lucy suggested, practically pushing everyone else inside, leaving me and rami standing out in the dark alone. 

"i'm in love with you and i have been for a while now i just didn't know how to say and i was also scared you didn't feel the same way and i-" i cut him off by placing my lips onto his soft ones. we kissed for a good 6 seconds before i pulled away. "i love you too, idiot." rami smiles at me and pulls me into a tight hug.

after a while, we were sitting down on one of ben's patio swing chairs. "how long have you known?" i ask rami. he looks at me and shrugs. "i'm not sure, it just sort of happened." i nod my head and look straight forward. "i've never really been in love." i confess. "you haven't?" rami asks, moving so he's now facing me. i still look ahead of me. "no, well.. i've been in love before i've just never really y'know, experienced the true feeling of it." i finally look at him and he glances at me with an understanding look. 

"i am so in love with you y/n, and i promise you i will give you everything you have ever wanted in life-" i cut him off. "that's the problem, i don't want anything from you. i just want to experience true love and knowing the proper meaning of it. that's all i've ever wanted from love." rami looks at me, with the look of love in his eyes. you know how i know that? because the first time we met, he had the exact same look. 

"okay." he says. i give him a confused look. "okay?" i repeat. rami nods. "okay. i will give you the true meaning of love. and i promise, no matter how old we get, no matter what happens between us, i will always give you true love."