The Girl at the Bar

a.n: Hey guys, just wanna say that i'm open for requests if you have any :)) Enjoy the story!

--------------------

Rooster walked past the bar, Penny wasn't manning (or in this case, womaning) it. Instead, another girl was. Around his age, with y/h/c hair that was pulled out of your face. You wore a wide smile as she half-listened to a tipsy Navy Sailor tell you a story while you filled up beer glass after beer glass.

You wore a black shirt that fitted you perfectly, and high-rise jeans. You wore one ring on your pointer finger and a delicate bracelet around your wrist.

'Who's behind the bar?' Rooster asked Payback as he got handed a pool stick.

'Don't know, Penny hired her last week. I haven't caught her name, but damn, I'd love to.' Payback laughed at his own joke.

'Don't even try it.' Phoenix stepped in front of Rooster. 'Bagman tried it, he got sent back with his card drained and his balls ascended.' 

Rooster chuckled at the thought of cocky, asshole Hangman being shot down, and by someone as pretty as the bartender. 

'I'm going to get a drink.' Rooster told Phoenix.

'Sure, good luck, I'll miss you.' She joked as though he was going into war. Rooster gave Phoenix a playful glare.

He strutted up to the bar, Aviators still on, and sat on a stool.

'Be with you in a moment.' You said.

'Take all the time you need.' Rooster said. You shot him a grateful smile. You handed two more beers and made a cocktail before you bounced over to Rooster.

'What can I get for ya?' You asked, wiping your hands on the hand towel that was hooked to the belt loop of your jeans.

Rooster was about to say, 'how about your name?' then decided that was a move Hangman would've made.

'Whiskey sour, please.' He decided. The drink had one of two of his favourite drinks, Whiskey, and lemon, the perfect cocktail garnish.

'Sure.' You grabbed a rocks glass before grabbing a shaker. 'Are you a Naval Aviator?'

'How could you tell?' Rooster asked in joke sarcasm.

'Wild stab in the dark.' You matched his sarcastic tone, making him smile. 

This man was definitely handsome, you could hand him that. He had a golden tan and light brown hair and eye-catching moustache. That man definitely changed the moustache game for you. His muscles were clear through his Hawaiian-tee-white-tank-top combo. His smile, however charming, had a hint of honesty. To make things better, he had scars on his jawline and neck. For some odd reason, your knees buckled at the sight of a scar, something about that just made a man ten times hotter. You decided to peruse him, and see if he was a cocky asshole or a genuine guy. You were on the fence about which he was just from looks.

'What do they call you? What's your callsign?' You asked, incorporating the egg white to the drink. 

'Rooster. What do they call you? What's your callsign?' The man, Rooster said as he watched you shake the drink.

'Ha ha.' You said, finishing up the drink. 'My name's Y/n.'

'Y/n.' Rooster liked the way it sounded. 'I like that. Nice to meet you, Y/n.'

'Nice to meet you too Rooster.' You put the glass down in front of him. 'Enjoy your drink.' And with that, you turned to the next person at the bar, and listened to them.

Rooster smirked as he stood up and walked over to the rest of the group. He'd gotten your name, one step closer.

'Damn, he's back alive.' Phoenix mocked.