The Girl At The Bar Part 2

a/n: this story's for @maybanksbae :)

-------------------------------

Rooster sighed while he looked himself over in the mirror for the hundredth time.

'One more look and the mirror will shatter with ware and tare.' Phoenix mumbled from the passenger side door. 

'Can't you be nice to me for once? I'm about to ask Y/n on a date, let me be.' Rooster grunted as he slipped on his Aviators.

'I am being nice. Now hurry up and get in there. I saw some guys eyeballing her last night that weren't you.' Phoenix smirked at him. 'Go get her, Roos.'

'Thanks.' 

Even though Phoenix was the most sarcastic and probably rudest of all the pilots that Rooster knew, she was like his sister. They met in cadet school and graduated together, and went to top gun together. They'd spent a lot of time laughing, drunk, crying, sweating, bleeding and so on. Phoenix might seem mean at first, but that's her way of showing how she cares for people.

Rooster walked into the bar. Penny stood behind the counter. She spotted him and smiled. 

'Hey!' She called out. 'Y/n's break ends in five.' Penny said as Rooster walked over and sat down on a stool.

'Thanks. Can I grab a beer?' Rooster asked, nervously rubbing his hands together.

'Sure thing, Hun. You nervous?' Penny turned to grab an ice cold drink.

'About what?' Rooster chuckled nervously.

'Asking Y/n on that date.' Penny shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 'Look, Y/n might be half my age, but she is like my little sister, she tells me everything.'

'Everything?' Rooster sipped his beer.

'Everything.' Penny nodded. Just then, the sound of the storage doors swung open and you walked through. Today you wore a turquoise top and black jeans. Your red converse made your outfit look mix-and-mach.  'By the way, her favourite flowers and peonies.' Penny moved away from the counter.

'Excuse me, miss?' Rooster called out to you. You looked up with a smile that could melt the world.

'Why what can I do for you, kind sir?' You played along as you tied an apron over your pants.

'There's a restaurant that is opening tomorrow night. It's called Aviary. Would you want to go with me?' Rooster stood up, anticipating your answer.

You paused for a moment, you knew you wanted to go with him, but you wanted to see if you could make him work for it.

'Depends.' You smirked.

'On what?' Rooster was up and ready for the challenge.

'You need to impress me tonight. I've got,' you looked at the clock, 7 O'Clock, 'four more hours of my shift. That's four hours to impress me, Rooster. Good luck.' You smiled sweetly at him and turned around, tending to other customers. 

Rooster was shocked, he had no idea what he was supposed to do to impress you. Peonies, maybe? He spun around and almost ran out the door. Phoenix was still in the car, she wanted to get away from the base for a while but didn't want to be around people.

'She say yes?' Phoenix asked as Rooster leaped in the car and started up the engine.

'Where's the nearest florist?' Rooster ripped out of the carpark.

'What?'

'Nearest florist! Where is it?' Rooster repeated.

'Uh, go down Tenth & Mane and there's one there.' Phoenix looked it up on her phone. 'Why are you going to a florist?'