Chef's Kiss

'I wonder what's for dinner, I'm starved.' Payback licked his lips as the squad made their way into the mess hall.

'You're always hungry.' Bob said. Payback chuckled as a reply.

'That won't change anything.' Phoenix shook her head through a smile at the two of them.

'I heard through the grapevine that it's beef patties, mashed potato and honied carrots.' Rooster said as they sat down at the table. 

'I wonder who told you.' Phoenix said sarcastically.

'The Chef's looking really hot today.' Hangman's casual tone drifted across the table. 

'Come on, Hangman.' Payback rolled his eyes. The one thing that pissed him off even more than burnt toast was Hangman. 

'What? She is looking really good today! There's nothing wrong with that.' Hangman shrugged.

Phoenix looked at Rooster, who was biting the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from spitting on Hangman. It wasn't Hangman's fault he didn't know Rooster's situation. They weren't allowed to have relationships with other personal on the ship. 

He looked over to the hot bar where the chefs all stood serving people their food. You did look particularly good today. You'd done a little bit more makeup than normal and put a braid in your hair. He hid a smile as you glanced over to him. The only reason why he was on this ship was because he was going out to do some over-sea drills.

'Right, I'm going to get some food.' Payback stood up, followed by Phoenix and Rooster, he walked over to the bar and grabbed a tray.

'Looks awesome, Y/l/n.' Payback practically drooled at the sight of the beef patties and mash that was lathered in a thick sludgy gravy.

'Thanks.' You smiled. You tried your hardest not to stare at Rooster as he went past. 

'I'll have it all.' Rooster said, his voice attempting to disguise the love he felt boiling in his stomach. You piled food onto his plate, the perfect amount.

Rooster thanked you before trailing after his friends back to the table. They chatted for a while, before they finished their meals. Rooster stood up and excused himself.

'Nature's calling.' He chuckled.

'If Nature's name is Y/n.' Phoenix whispered to him as she smirked. He gave a sarcastic smile as he left the group. He strutted over to the exit doors of the mess. Just about ten meters to the left of the doors was a small pathway that was perfectly shielded from the rest of the world. Nobody could see in unless they were looking for it.

Rooster stepped into the pathway. He was hit with the scent of oranges, your perfume. Your silhouette lit the back of the path, your navy uniform with your chef's hat that Rooster loved so much.

'Hi.' You smiled, happy to see your loving boyfriend. 

'Dinner was delicious.' Rooster complimented. 'As always.'

'How good was it?' You asked as you took two steps towards him, you were only inches away from his face.

'It was very good. Five stars.' He grinned, knowing where you were going.

'Would you say it's...' You paused, pretending to think, 'chef's-kiss worthy?'

'Defiantly.' He nodded, loving the joy in your eyes as he agreed.

'And- um-' You inched closer, 'what is a chef's kiss?'

'This.' Rooster grinned as he brought his fingers up to his mouth, he kissed his fingers and thumb while they're pinched together. You rolled your eyes, of course it was the real chefs kiss, but not the one you wanted.

'Really?' You said flatly.

'No, it's this.' Rooster leaned forward and brushed his lips against yours, he let it linger in the air before pressing your lips together. It felt like that scene in Ratatouille when Remy eats the cheese and strawberries, and fireworks flew everywhere in the background.

You laughed as your visual-mind imagined Rooster eating cheese and strawberries at the same time. Rooster pulled back, confused.

'What?'

'Nothing, nothing. I was just thinking of Ratatouille.' You chuckled.

'Good to know I remind you of a rat.' The aviator rolled his eyes, faking hurt.

'No, you remind me of love.' You grinned. 'And how much I love life.'

Rooster faked scepticism as he looked at you. 'Do you?'

'Yes, and I love you.' You grinned as you kissed Rooster.

'Good, because I love you too.'

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3