Be Alright

This story is based of this prompt I found on Pinterest, it was so much fun to write and I recommend doing it! This isn't going to be word-for-word but I tried to do it as closely as I could :)

Song: Be Alright by Dean Lewis (might seem like a cop-out because it's easy but I've actually been wanting to write a Rooster x Reader story based on this song for a while this just gives me an excuse)

~~~~~~~~

You looked up from the ground to see your boyfriend's eyes, they were filled with sadness and tears. He looked away from you, guilt clearly getting to him, there's something he's trying to hide.

'What's wrong, Dylan?' You asked, trying to reach out to him. Dylan acted cold, and he pulled his hand away again like he did so many times before. 'What's on your mind?'

He clenched his eyes shut, unwilling to speak. 'I made a dumb mistake.' He started to tremble, his voice began to shake. 'The cigarettes on the counter weren't your friends. They're my mates.'

You felt the colour draining from your face as he spoke. Dylan was cheating on you. He cheated. Dylan cheated. You couldn't believe it.

'I'm sorry, baby. I really am.' He said.

'Who was it?' You asked, scared for him to answer.

'Nobody you know. I met her at a club a few weeks ago.'

'How many times did you sleep with her?' You asked.

Dylan left silence hanging for a moment. 'Five times.'

'Oh god.' You held back tears. 'Do you love her?' You whispered.

'No, no! I don't- I- I was drunk and scared because you said you wanted to marry me and... I messed up. I'm so, so sorry.' Dylan tried to look into your eyes, but now it was you who didn't want to look at him. You thought you loved him, but how could you now? He slept with someone who wasn't you. Trust built everything, you needed to know you could trust Dylan and if he did this five times with one girl, who was to say he wouldn't do it six times with another? Maybe one you knew the next time?

'Well don't be scared anymore.' You sighed. 'Because I can't trust you anymore. Meaning I can't marry you anymore.' You ripped your engagement ring off your finger. 'The house is in my name. I'll give you a few hours to pack up your stuff and leave.'

Dylan sat there in shock as you slipped away from the table.

~~~~~

That night, you'd called your best friend, Bradley, crying. Like ugly crying, like blubbering snot-nosed, sweat-educing, drool-worthy, screaming and crying. You didn't say a word before Bradley said he was coming over and bringing two pints of Ben-and-Jerry's.

Bradley came over and bundled you up in a blanket borrito as any good friend would do.

'I know you love him, but it's over, Y/n.'