Happy New Year?

this is a request by Nephilim3614 :) you gave me such a hard story to rightttt, but I enjoyed how challenging it was. To others, feel free to request anything if you have any ideas, they're always welcome!

Also I found a new website that helps you make texts  and I'm DYING I LOVE IT!! It's ifaketextmessage.com

~~~

Kayla Mitchell, callsign Riot was perfect, her face was perfect, her hair was perfect, her body was perfect everything about her was absolutely perfect. That's what Rooster wholeheartedly believed. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with her. Rooster and Riot had been dating for about a year at this point. Rooster had been deployed twice since they'd been together, and Riot once. For the most part they were together whenever they could be together, but that wasn't very often given the circumstances. 

However, they facetimed and called every damn day. Riot loved Rooster with all her heart, and Rooster loved her just as much. 

Rooster knew how important family was to Riot, though he didn't know much about her family. All he knew was that her mother and father never got married and broke up when she was four. Riot said was a 'mutual agreement'.  That being said, Riot didn't have much contact with her father. She'd go see him on occasion, but he was always so wrapped up in his own little world of work that he wouldn't have time to see her. Riot still loved her father, but she found him difficult at times.

Riot, in turn, knew that Rooster didn't have much family left. He said he knew he had a Godfather that was alive but didn't keep in contact with him after a fallout when he applied for the Navy years ago.

Nevertheless, Riot and Rooster had their own little family. There was about a three-month period when the two decided to move into a little condo together. This was their first New Years together.

'I'm excited.' Riot grinned as she looked at her laptop screen. Rooster was two days away from ending his third deployment. New Years was in four days.

'Me too.' Rooster replied. 'Finally, a New Year's Kiss from somebody I truly love.'

'How sweet of you.' Kayla smiled sarcastically. 'Especially knowing that you dated every girl in your high school.'

'Hey, I was young and naive.' Rooster grinned. In the background, hushed voices hummed at Rooster as he looked up from his phone. He nodded and did a hand gesture before putting his attention back on Kayla. 'Babe I've got to go, meeting.'

'Alright Lovey.' Kayla said. 'I love you, see you soon.'

'See you soon.' Rooster blew her a kiss before he hung up the phone. She sighed, happy that she could speak to Rooster but at the same time disappointed. Kayla knew you only got a few minutes to talk to him, but it was still hard. Even though she could say they were dating for a year, when a good seven or so months of that were with you or him on deployment, that only left five months together.

Her train of thought was interrupted by her phone buzzing on the couch. Kayla's heart lept with the thought of Rooster's name popping up on her phone even though she knew that wouldn't be true. Instead, the caller ID said Fatherly.

'Hi Dad.' Kayla answered the phone, it had been weeks since she'd spoken to her dad.

'Hi Girly! How's things going?' He asked, his voice sounding slightly worn out.

'Good good. How about you?' Kayla asked.

'Good as well. Look, I'm calling to ask whether you'd like to come over to my place for New Years. I don't know when I'm going on another deployment again and I haven't seen my lovely daughter for ages.' He reasoned.