Can't Help Falling In Love

Bradley couldn't believe it. After everything, all the trials and tribulations, all the late-night calls and facetimes, it was official. You were finally Mrs. Bradley Bradshaw. There were definitely times when he didn't think it would happen, but you were sitting next to him smiling while listening to something Nat, your maid of honour was saying. Bradley was just looking at you, your hair perfect, your veil moved out of your face, your left hand in his with the wedding band on it. 

The MC cleared his throat into the microphone. 'I hope you all are enjoying your dinner. I'd like to invite up a few people to give some words for the newlyweds.' He moved out of the way to have Carole walk on the stage. Her lovely denim blue tea-length dress swayed delicately around her legs. Bradley could only imagine how happy his father would have been to be there at that moment.

'Thank you.' Carole's honey-sweet voice echoed through the tent. 'Hello, everyone. I'm Carole, Bradley's mother, if you didn't know. I'd like to thank you all for coming and celebrating this joyous moment in all of our lives. Something that, for many of us, is a long time coming. I remember the day my dear boy came home from school having first met Y/n. He had the widest smile on his face, and a good shiner on his nose. He told me that while he was playing soccer, he kicked a ball into the playground and when he we to get the ball, he found Y/n.' She smiled lovingly in your direction; you bit back tears as Carole recounted the story. 'He told me that to get her out of the hiding spot, he promised she could play soccer too. When she came out to play, he discovered that she loved soccer. She then kicked the ball super hard in his direction and it caught him square in the nose. When I asked him what he did, he told me with full confidence that he was going to marry her. I wrote the date in on a piece of paper and tucked it away for safe keeping,' Carole pulled out an old piece of paper that had a tare down the middle, 'and twenty-five years, six months and eight days later, here we are. Bradley, you always did good on your promises.'

You chuckled as you looked back at Bradley. He had his lips pursed together in a suppressed smile as people chuckled at Carole's joke. His cheeks were a cherry red as he looked over at you, eyes filled with joy. 

'You do.' You nodded in agreement.

'Bradley, your father was ever the future-thinker. When you were born, he wrote down a list of things he wanted you to find in a wife.' Carole pulled out another piece of paper from her clutch. You felt Bradley take your hand tightly. You weren't sure if Bradley was about to cry or not, so you gave him a ginger kiss on the knuckles.

'He wanted you to find someone who is kind, and caring. Who is genuine and gentle but can put you in line because he could tell you were going to have his adventurous spirit. He wanted you to find someone who is intelligent... and wise, who is... is funny and is ambitious.' Carole's voice quivered as she read her late husband's handwriting. 'I swear this man is a time travler. He wrote here that she will love sports and reading.' You were writing your own book, and you played soccer on the weekends as a part of your local club. 'And she will be the best cook on earth.' Carole smiled sweetly as she wiped away a stray tear. You were a chef. 'Bradley, your dad is so proud of you. I hope you feel that in your heart.'

You looked at Bradley, who was wiping tears off his cheek with his left hand. You planted a soft kiss on his clean-shaven face. 

Carole continued reading the note. 'This is the toast written by Nick, May your love be as strong as tequila, as sweet as sugar, and as fun as a karaoke bar. To the newlyweds.' She raised her hand and everyone shouted cheers. 

Bradley immediately took your face and gave you a sloppy kiss. He didn't care that people were watching, he felt so overwhelmed with love for you. You were too busy to notice that Nat had stolen away from the table and replaced Carole on the stage.