Throbbing

A/n: This is for @MartaPaulaVolosova :) she requested this one! Feel free to DM me if you have a request like this one. My only thing is no 18+ content because I'm lazy hahah enjoy! (btw listen to Tutti Frutti, Val actually sings it and i love ittt)

~~~

Marta was strong, she was supposed to be strong. She was the oldest of the five Kazansky children. Her whole life she was told she was just as strong and stubborn as her father, leading her to become a fighter pilot just like him; earning herself the callsign Frostbite. 

When she was called to Top Gun for an urgent mission, Marta was about to refuse, until IceMan pulled her aside. 

'Don't hold back because of me. I'm with you wherever you go.' His AI voice said.

Marta bit back tears as well as she could. 'But I want to be with you, I need to help around the house.'

'You need to remember that your brothers have a mother, Marta.' The AI held no emotion, but his face held it all.

Marta nodded and sighed. 'I'll go.' She whispered. IceMan gave her one of his children-only hugs.

'You'll do amazing.' His raspy voice brought Marta to tears. 

The Top Gun base brought back memories, both good and bad. Marta tried her hardest to concentrate on the mission. Maverick tried his best to be with her and to stand beside her as he knew the tough time she was going through. Rooster also stood by her side, he would encourage her and never left her alone for longer than needed.

When Marta got an call from her mother, everything changed.

'Last night he took a turn for the worse.' She said, her voice full of dread. 

'Is Dad okay?' Marta asked as she bit her lip. She felt her heart skip a beat or two as she tried her best not to cry.

'He's on life support. He's awake but only just.' Marta heard her mum's voice shake as she said the last sentence.

'I'll come down. This is an emergency, they'll let me come.' Marta stood up from her bunk and strode over to grab her clothes. 'I'll leave today.'

'No, Marta.'

'No? What do you mean no? My father's dying and I want to be by his side.' Marta said angrily.

'Your father is so proud of you...' Her mum said.

'I am coming, mother. You cannot refuse this.' Marta snapped. 'I'll text you when I'm on the plane.' The next few hours were a rush of adrenaline and holding back tears.

Marta had packed her bag, and requested leave for two days, which was granted. She hopped on the next flight from Top Gun to Florida. The whole time she as in the taxi to the hospital, Marta blasted music on repeat. Her dad's favourite singer, Nick Rivers Tutti Frutti played through her headphones. The memories of her and her dad dancing to the song in the kitchen when she as younger, before he lost his voice. 

The Navy hospital smelled of cleaner and old people as you rushed in, still in your Navy uniform since you didn't have time to change.

'Marta Kazansky here for Commander Tom Kazansky.' Marta spoke rapidly. The lady behind the desk smiled sadly at you.

'Room 23 just through those doors.' She pointed. Marta sprinted as fast as she could through the doors and into the room. There, her mother sat beside her father, Marta's hero. Her cheeks stained with tears and eyes full of sorrow.

'Marta.' She sighed and stood up, taking a few quick strides over to her to embrace her in a hug. 

'Can I have some time alone?' Marta whispered.