Oh Baby

A/N: before you guys say anything about me giving this character Insomnia, I'd like to address that I have it myself, along with sleep paralysis so please don't be like "yOu dOnT knOw wHaT itS lIKe" because I do and it sucks and that's how I write all this stuff because I do it when I can't sleep which is like always so love you guys and have good day xxx

~~~~

Your baby boy, six weeks old was a bundle of joy. You loved him so much and named him Nick Pete Bradshaw. He was a little 3.3kg bundle of baby chub and soft skin. His eyes were exactly like his fathers, a deep soulful brown. Bradley insisted he had your smile. He most defiantly had Bradley's large frame right from birth.

When you first brought Nick home from the hospital, he was wrapped in a little purple blanket with tiny yellow fuzzy ducks all over it. His tiny body was wrapped tight as you gently stroked his cheek on the drive home and you were sure Bradley was going at least 20k under the limit. The first night you didn't sleep a wink, trying to get Nick down long enough. He needed food every 2 or 4 hours, and cried the rest of the time.  (You tried to joke that he whines just as much as his dad does for your boobs) but you just couldn't catch a break. You were exhausted by daybreak. 

The next two days were non stop crying from you and Baby Nick. Bradley spent all his time trying to not make Baby Nick cry, he was such a good dad. He was a miracle worker, and Nick was a daddy's boy right from the get-go. Bradley was able to get nick from crying by just holding him while you seemed to be unable to get him to settle down. 

You had trouble trying to sleep normally because of your insomnia, but this was on a whole other level. Bradley immediately noticed something was wrong, but you said it was the morphine doing a hit on you after having your perineal tear and having to get multiple stitches and in constant pain. Bradley would hold you in his arms while he slept, trying to help cradle you to sleep. He'd kiss your forehead and whisper how much he loved you.

Two weeks had passed and Baby Nick was feeding every 4 hours. Every now and then you'd get a wink of sleep, but as soon as you did the baby decided to be hungry. 

Bradley's first day at work came around the two week mark. He already had a beautiful photo of his baby boy to show off to Phoenix and Bob and the rest of the gang. As soon as he left, Nick started to cry. You rushed over to him and tried your hardest to get him to stop. Twenty minutes later, you were able to get him to settle. 

This went on all day, Nick would cry and you wouldn't know how to handle it. You'd just managed to put him down when Bradley came home.

'Honey?' He whispered, hearing the house was silent. He toed off his shoes before tip toeing around the living room and kitchen, you weren't anywhere in sight. 'I had a good day, Phoenix is excited to see her niece.' Bradley crept into the bedroom. You looked up at him, eyes completely bloodshot from tears.

'Baby what's wrong?' Bradley dropped his duffel bag and practically ran to your side. 'Why are you crying?' He sat beside you and scooped you onto his lap, rubbing circles into your back.

You broke down into a waterfall of tears. You sobbed into his arms. 'Nick doesn't like me.' You cried.

'What? Yes he does, Baby.' Bradley sounded shocked at what you said. 'He loves you.'

'Why won't he stop crying for me then? Why can't he go to bed when I put him down? He'll stop crying for you, he'll go to sleep for you.' You looked at Bradley with sad eyes. 'Am I a bad Mum?'

'Y/n listen to me.' Bradley gently touched your chin to wipe away a tear.  'You are not a bad mum. You're an amazing Mum. Nick is fussy, don't think it's about you. There's plenty of things that Nick would do with you but not me.'

'Bradley...' You sighed.

'Y/n, darling, he won't pay any attention to me when I speak, but he looks right at you when you do.' Bradley said. 'He first laughed in your arms, his first smile was looking at you. He holds your finger and won't let go, he won't do that to me. Nick loves you so much. He needs you, don't forget that.'

'I don't feel worthy enough to be his mother.' You snuggled into Bradley's shoulder.

'And you think I feel worthy enough to be his father?' Bradley chuckled softly. 'Honey, I feel like I'm a bad father because I know I won't be here a lot when he grows up. That's why I'm making the most of the now. You should do that too. Love him like you won't see him grow up.'

'Really?' You asked.

'Really.' Bradley kissed your forehead. 'Nick loves you so much.'

'Yeah.' You sighed.

'You're tired, my love.' Bradley kissed your cheek. 'Get some rest and we'll deal with this tomorrow.' His voice was so soft and calming that you almost immediately felt sleepy. Bradley laid you down on the bed. He cuddled up behind you and started to hum your favourite tune.

You fell asleep that night in his arms, knowing that Nick loved you, and you couldn't do anything to change that.

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3