part 1

I woke up on a foggy morning in October, the sun beaming through my curtains. I wiggled my way out of my duvet, and put on my fuzzy slippers. I grabbed the closest hair tie I could find on my dresser, and gathered up my hair into the messiest bun ever. I then hear a knock on my door.

"Fay sweetie, are you up?" It was my mom knocking.

"Yeah, yeah I'm up. Barely." I sniffled and grabbed my allergy medicine on my dresser.

"Honey you remember your flight is today right?" Oh shit.

"Um.. yes! Thanks for reminding me. I'm all packed." I lied as I ran to my closet finding clothing to pack as I stuffed it all in my suitcase.

"Okay hun just wanted to make sure! Please be out here by 9:00." She said as I heard footsteps leave my bedroom door. I finished packing my suitcase and picked up my phone from my nightstand. "Alright, it's only 8:45, I have time," I thought to myself. I put on my black underwear and bra, and then I looked through my dresser drawer and found a comfortable pair of black shorts, and put those on. I went towards my closet and found a cute white crop top, and pulled that over my head.

"My hair is a mess.." I said to myself out loud. I grabbed my comb and started to brush through my shoulder length hair, the silky feel of it against my neck. I put the hair tie from my messy bun I had in before around my wrist, grabbed my suitcase, and went out and saw my mother and father.

"You look so beautiful today Kara." I heard my father say.

"So do you Corbin, my love." She said, as they kissed. They then saw me staring at them and started to giggle. I threw them a "fake vomiting," face, and grabbed a granola bar off of the counter.

"Are you ready my dancer?" My father said, patting my on the back.

"I'm more than ready! I cant believe I've finally made it." I said to him, with little hops.

"Hard work pays off love! And we're so proud of you." My mother said, kissing me on the cheek. We made our way to the door as a checked my phone.

"9:00 sharp!" I said happily. I grabbed my black light weight puffer jacket off of the clothing rack, since it was Autumn. I slid it over both of my shoulders and put my granola bar in the pocket of it.

The airport was only about a 5 minute walk from our apartment complex, so we were able to just walk our way there. I ate my granola bar as I admired the falling leaves during the season.

When we finally reached the airport, I only had about 10 minutes since my flight is at 9:15.

"We love you so much Fay, please FaceTime us as much as you can." Said my mother as she gave me a bear hug.

"Also text us when you get on the plane, takeoff, and land. And call us when you make it to your dorm room!" She said wheedling her words out.

"Okay, okay, calm down mom!" I giggled as she hugged me even tighter. I looked up to my father who looked like he was gonna cry. Then I looked to my mother who was already sobbing into a tissue.

"Goodbye love, we're going to miss you so much. Make us proud." My father said to me, before giving me a big hug. I started to feel tears well up in my eyes, and felt a lump in my throat.

"I'm going to miss you both so much. I love you guys." I said before checking my phone. 9:10.

"I need to get going, goodbye!" I said as I started running backwards, still waving at them and blowing kisses. This was the first time I was going to be alone for awhile. I've gone on a couple trips before by myself, but not like this. And on those trips I've always stayed with somebody I've known. This was it.

I started to walk towards all of the gates, then looked at my ticket. Gate E... Gate E..., there it is! I looked at it, dumbfounding.

      Standing in-front of the gate laid about 20 boys all huddled in a clump like a pack of wolves.

"Are you kidding me?" I thought to myself staring at them, completely gazed.

"Gate E is now boarding, please make your way to Gate E."

      Well, atleast I know I'm at the right gate. It was 9:15. I saw the herd of boys begin to make their way through the gate, and I sighed. I guess that I was going to have to ride with them.

As I stepped my way onto the plane, they were already in their seats. They stared at me in a little bit of shock, and a little bit of amusement.

    I could tell they were all military boys, based on their jackets. I sighed once again, and put my suitcase in one of the compartments. I took my ticket out of my pocket and looked at where my seat is. F2... I went down the row still feeling eyes all over me, as I found row F. I could also see a pair of black shoes. I look up slowly and see a towhead blonde, with the bluest of eyes.

"I was wondering who I was gonna sit next to." He said smirking. I could already tell this was going to be a long flight if I sat next to him. But I really had no other choice? All of the other seats were taken. "Kill me now." I thought to myself as I sat myself down next to him.

"What's your name?" He asked looking directly in my eyes.

"Fay. It's Fay Monroe."

• • •

First chapter done! And it's already getting good. This chapter was a little slow and a little boring, but I promise it gets better! Thanks for reading! <3