part 14 - (flashback)

October 31st, 2021

     Death was a subject many avoided talking about. Avoided experiencing.

But it's not like you had a choice.

      1 Year Ago Today, (October 31st, 2020)

      I was at Taylor's house as we were getting ready for a Halloween party some highschooler was throwing.

      We were only freshmen, so I'm surprised we were even invited to this. But when given the chance, take it.

      I applied red lipstick on, and dashed mascara along my eyelashes.

      Taylor and I were dressing Playboy Bunnies. Pretty original.

      "We look so hot." She said, staring in the mirror and sticking out her tongue.

I snickered at her action, and combed through my hair, grabbing a hair tie on the dresser.

Taylor came behind me as she slicked my hair back with a comb, then tying it into a ponytail. I released some baby hairs onto my forehead.

Taylor's hair was a platinum, wavy blonde, with black highlights running through the ends.

I grabbed our rabbit masks off of the bed, and handed one to Taylor.

"Ready hot stuff?" I joked.

"Let's kill it." She grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the bedroom door and to the front entrance.

I told my mom I was spending the night at Taylor's, and that we were going to be watching Halloween movies until 3 in the morning.

In reality, we were sneaking off to a Halloween party where there was probably going to be a whole bunch of drunk teens, hot costumes, and sex.

Taylor was only 15 and did not have her drivers license, she only had a permit. When she told me she forged a fake drivers ID, I just about screamed. We could go anywhere we pleased!

Taylor's mom and dad were out on some business trip for their dental company, so they wouldn't be back anytime soon.

We hopped into her dads Range Rover that sat in the driveway, as Taylor turned on the engine.

"You swear you know how to drive, right?" I worried.

"Chill Fay. I've already done it a few times, nothing to worry about."

I rubbed my fingernails in stress, as I took a deep breath in and out.

As she pulled out of the driveway, everything seemed fine. She was actually better at this than I thought.

Taylor pressed a button on her screen, and started talking to it.

"Directions to 5839, Northview Point." She spoke up.

"Holy shit, thats a rich neighborhood." I gasped.

"Yep. I can't wait!" She giggled.

I looked at the GPS giving the directions to us, as I followed the blue trail with my eyes.

"Turn here." I told Taylor, as she steered the wheel left.

"Here it is." She said amazed.

      The mansion was booming with an ambiance of lights, voices and yells of young adults having the time of their lives.