part 6

I arose from my sleep the next morning, as I looked back at my arm. Just as I thought, the bloody scars already dried up.

      I could see Ralph in the distance cutting open some fruits with the hunters knife and handing them off to the others.

      I stumbled a bit as I got up on my feet, and headed my way towards them.

      "Here you go, Fay. Sleep well?" He asked while handing me a chunk of fruit.

      I took it from his hands as I examined it, "Yeah pretty well. I mean it's not the ideal sleeping situation on a floor of grass, but it'll make do." I said while taking a small bite.

      "Yeah, hopefully we'll get rescued soon. Do you like the fruit?" He questioned me, looking at the concerning look on my face.

      "Um, yeah!" I lied, "Okay to be honest no. This fruit is absolutely disgusting." I laughed, as I tried to gulp it down.

      "We're going to try and go hunting today, but we have Samneric, the twins, doing fire watch with Tony, so if you would like to come with us that would be great!" Ralph put the fruit down on a log, and patted me on the shoulder.

      "Umm, I'll think about it." I questioned if I should go or not.

      "Hey Ralph? How long do you plan on hunting for?"

      "Uhh, maybe like 2 hours, why?" He questioned.

      "Well, I really want to wash my clothes and myself, but I don't want to around anyone else... so I figured if I was alone it'd be better." I sighed. I knew it wouldn't always be like this, but I'd rather take advantage of it now.

      Ralph became a bit awkward, (which is fair), "Oh yeah no that's fine! You can stay back, I totally understand." He smiled, and waved as he walked away.

      Why was he so nice? How is he slowly not loosing his mind right now? I know for a fact if I stayed on this island for another week I'll go manic.

      "Fay?" A little voice said.

      "Oh hey Simon! Who's your little buddy?" I asked, seeing him holding a small chameleon.

      He smiled, "Actually I haven't named him yet. I was hoping you could help me!"

      "Well hm, what does he like most?"

      "He likes the flowers, red ones specifically. He also likes to sit on the beach and watch the sunrise." He told me, while looking at him lovingly.

      "Well how about.. Jasper! Like the red gemstone?" I suggested to him.

      "I love that name so much! Welcome to the family Jasper." Simon lightly hugged the chameleon with both of his hands.

      I smiled. As long as I have Simon and Ralph, I think I could be okay. I guess I overreacted earlier, I mean we have everything here. Fresh water, fruit, and each other.

      Simon walked off to the beach with Jasper, so I decided to head back over to where everyone was.

      Roger was sharpening his spear to the point where it could cut into skin, while Jack was practicing his aim in the sand.

      I shuttered at the thought of the poor pig. Who knows how long it has been living here, now just bait for a bunch of teenage boys.

      "Hey Fay! Try to tell us apart!" I heard two voices say. It was Samneric, the twins Ralph told me were going on fire watch today.