epilogue

The light above my hospital bed beamed into my eyes. I looked to the left of me, and there on my table had many get well soon cards, flowers, and candies.

My mother and father sat next to me. They were so excited when they saw me, but more so happy I was alive and well.

My nurse came in, holding a check board that I'm sure had some important stuff.

"How are we feeling Fay?" She patted me on my knee, waiting for a response.

I smiled, "Good. I think I'm ready to eat now."

Earlier, she had asked me if I was feeling up to anything edible. But I really didn't feel good, and it was one of my least of worries.

She nodded her head, and left the room to look for some food for me.

I rested my head back onto my pillow, and grabbed a card off of the nightstand.

I opened it up, and a Caribou gift card came falling onto my chest. I checked who it was from. My grandmother.

Classic grandma.

I ignored the gift card, and I read the writing on it.

"Hey my love. Hope you are doing well, and we're just so happy you're safe and back home.

Sending our bestest of love,

Gma & Gpa."

I put the card back onto my chest, and smiled into the ceiling. I am just so happy I can be back with my family.

We were all flown back to New York, and were staying at the same hospital. Hopefully I could see everyone soon.

The nurse came in, but she wasn't holding a tray of food. Actually, she wasn't holding any food.

"Dear, would you like to come downstairs to eat? Everybody is in the lobby if you would like to see them." She patiently asks.

I grin, knowing my wish came true.

"I would love to." I tell her, and hop out of my bed, "I'll be back guys." I tell my mother and father. They nod their heads.

The nurse brings me to the elevator, and we head down to the first floor.

Thankfully, she wasn't making me wear one of those ugly patient dresses. My parents brought me clothes from home, so I was in a orange flowy dress, and my converse.

As the door opens, I could see many boys all talking in groups, eating food, and having a good old time.

Heads turn to the elevator, and silence is brought upon them. Some give me smiles, and some don't do anything but stare.

I see Ralph sitting on a couch alone. He is distanced from the others, fidgeting with his shoes.

I ignore everyone, and make my way over to Ralph. He looks up to me and gives a sigh of relief to see I'm all well.

"Hey." I say to him, as I sit on a chair across from him.

"Hey Fay, how is it going?" He chuckles, joking after everything that has happened.

"It's all great." I nod. I look around the crowd of boys, and they've all gone back to talking and yapping.

I see a blonde head of hair sticking out, and I decipher whether or not I should go to him. I mean, wasn't he going to kill Ralph? I saw him. He was chasing after him.