part 3

"Shit."

The sun rays felt like they were burning my face, as I wiped my eyes. I looked at my hands and saw little pebbles of sand all over them.

"Where the hell am I?" I thought to myself. I looked at my surroundings, seeing a huge body of water right in front of me. Was I on a beach? I picked myself up off my feet. Normally I would be freaking out, but I do remember the plane crash, so I guess I was just happy to be alive.

"You're alive, thought you'd never wake up."

I remember that voice. As I turned around, there stood the blonde boy from the plane. There stood Jack Merridew.

"Yeah, thankfully. Where are we?" I said looking around once again.

"An island. Where do you think?"

"Shut up, Jack."

"You remember my name!" He said slyly, smirking as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever. Is everyone else okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah, everyone made it out fine. Ralph is being kind of a bitch though, acting like a chief and shit." He kicked the sand.

"What, are you sad you aren't chief?" I asked, trying to piss him off.

"No. He's just not cut out for it is all."

"Why don't you take me to where everyone else is? That'd be more enjoyable than sitting here and listening to you cry because Ralph is chief." I giggled.

"Fine." He said, turning around. I saw a grin on his face while he turned. Jack was wearing his jacket and trousers, but he had taken his shirt off. I will say, he did look good.

"Follow me, Fay."

• • •

      We finally made it from which felt like HOURS of walking. Apparently Ralph wanted to find the perfect spot, acting like we're going to live here forever. But whatever he wants I suppose, I mean he is chief.

      I could see groups of boys entwining weed together, and making shelters out of huge logs.

"Fay, you're awake!" Said Ralph, rushing over to me with sand patting behind him.

"Heard you're the chief here! So what should I do first boss?" I said mockingly with a slight smile. He laughed and patted me on the back.

"Well, the boys are just setting up shelters for us to sleep in. We're basically almost done. How about you relax just for a bit, since you just woke up? I'm planning on building a fire later, so you can help me and the rest with that."

"Sounds great Colonel." I said giving him a salute. He laughed and walked back with the rest of them. I could see Jack had already made himself busy. He was on the shoulders of Roger, fixing up one of the shelters at the top.

I saw another boy sitting on a tree branch, talking to a bit plumper boy.

"So we've gotta take precautions, or it won't matter!" Said the plump boy to the boy in the tree.

"What won't matter?" Said Jack as Roger let him off of his shoulders.

"Once we get rescued.." said the plump boy.