3. Starting A Conversation

[ 3 ]

Soobin was a sweating mess. The students were now sitting in their new designated seats and soobin found it very hard to keep himself steady when he's sitting a few inches away from yeonjun aka the pretty boy.

"hey" he tried to start a conversation because at the end of the day they have to talk in order to get the project done.

Yeonjun flinched in response, surprised that his seatmate actually talked to him but still replied back with a small "hi" which soobin wouldn't have heard if he wasn't sitting right next to him.

That's it. The conversation died before even starting. But soobin wasn't one to give up, especially not when it came to his grades, and choi yeonjun.

"I'm choi soobin" he tried again

"yeonjun"

"I know" yeonjun looked a little shocked at that statement.

"great going soobin now you sound like a creep"
"I mean I know because Mrs. Kim said our names earlier"

Yeonjun gave a small nod and it went silent again, even more awkward than it was before.

After a few minutes soobin had had enough so he tried a different approach "you don't talk much do you?"

Yeonjun shook his head "sorry I'm just not used to it"

"it's totally fine but our purpose of sitting together requires a lot of talking and I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to help you with that"

"it's fine. Where do we start?" yeonjun said in a small voice not wanting to be the reason they fail.

"we still have a lot of time for the project, how about we get to know each other first"

"but we already did"

Soobin blinked. This guy has zero social skills. He's even worse than soobin. But he ignored it and smiled.

"I meant more than knowing our name's"

"um... sure?"

"great. I'll start. I'm soobin and I have no siblings but these really annoying parents who don't make me want any siblings. And I have a total of three friends who are tired of me and my bullshit, no more because I suck at keeping up with friendships. And I have no idea what else to say" soobin finished and gestured yeonjun to say something.

"okay" yeonjun inhaled "I'm yeonjun which you already know. I also don't have any siblings and I live like a kilometer away from school and friends... I don't have any"

Soobin noticed how yeonjun avoided eye contact while talking about himself.

This could mean two things. Either he's uncomfortable talking about his personal life or he isn't used to making eye contact.

Or maybe he just doesn't like soobin's company "nope" he's not going there.

"listen I know we just met but how about you come have lunch with me and my friends. Im sure they'd love to have you around and if you like it then maybe you can have lunch with us more often"
"or hangout together and then we can ditch the others and go on dates together and maybe I'll ask you out and we'll even-"

"sure I guess" soobin's thoughts were cut off by yeonjun.

When soobin realised the answer he received he clapped his hands together and waited for the bell to ring.