7. Whipped

[ 7 ]

Soobin was sitting in class with his seatmate. The two had been working on the project for two days now. And they've made some good progress. Good enough to say that Mrs. Kim might consider not failing them.

Soobin is happy to be where he is in life right now. Yeonjun has been talking to him often. Even the other classmates are happy to see him talk to someone at least.

Soobin's friend group has also been trying to make yeonjun open up to them, well mostly beomgyu and taehyun.

Soobin hasn't been oblivious to kai's change in demeanor. He has been interacting less with them ever since yeonjun came around.

If soobin didn't know him any better, he's assume Kai hates yeonjun but he doesn't want to jump to conclusions.

If kai has any problems, he always shares them with the rest. He'll eventually tell them of something's bothering him so there's nothing to worry about.

"soobin are you listening?"

"what?" soobin snapped out of his trance when he heard yeonjun call him.

"I was asking if we should try going to the library today?" yeonjun said in his usual quiet tone.

"oh yeah sure, we need the presentation ready by friday"

Yeonjun nodded and they went back to studying before the bell rang and they headed to the school library.

It was almost empty. No one uses the school library except for the students who get a new project every week, aka Mrs. Kim's students.

The two settled down with a few books containing the information they needed.

During that time, soobin kept glancing at yeonjun whose blue eyes roamed on the pages of the book he was holding.

Yeonjun was indeed pretty, not just in soobin's eyes and anyone who looks at him would say the same thing.

But no one can possibly look at yeonjun the way soobin does. And that makes soobin happy. He likes to find happiness in the smallest things.

Yeonjun is his source of happiness and he hopes that maybe someday yeonjun will feel the same about him. He'll hold on to even that slightest possibility.

It had been a while since the two were fully engrossed in their books and kept jotting down important points.

"kids were about to lock the school up" the librarian spoke to them.

"what time is it" yeonjun asked in a panicked voice.

"4:13" soobin replied, realising they had been here for more than an hour.

"shit" yeonjun started frantically grabbing his thing "I'm sorry soobin but I have to go I have somewhere to be and I-"

"it's fine leave the books I'll put them back you should go" soobin smiled.

"really?" yeonjun asked earning a nod from soobin.

"Thank you so much soobin I'll make it up to you by making the presentation" yeonjun yelled as he ran out the door.

Soobin stared at yeonjun's disappearing figure, the smile not leaving his face.

Yeonjun has been talking to him a lot and that makes it easier for them to have a normal conversation.

"boy you're whipped" the librarian said before walking out, leaving soobin by himself to take care of the books.

______

The anxiety is making me write so much.