20. Absent

[ 20 ]

Soobin happily skipped towards his classroom. He was satisfied with the work he and his partner had done in the past two days and he couldn't wait to show it.

He walked inside expecting to see yeonjun there, but surprisingly the seat beside him was empty.

"That's strange. He must be late then. He'll probably show up in a while."

Soobin waited and waited, watching every single one of his class mates enter but one.

"did he forget today was the deadline?"

Now even Mrs. Kim had entered but yeonjun wasn't here yet. "well rodents I hope you're all ready because we're going to start immediately"

By now soobin figured yeonjun wasn't gonna show up so he raised his hand earning I groan from Mrs. Kim "why do you rodents love putting your hands in the air?"

"my partner isn't here yet"

"oh" her eyes followed the only empty seat in class "he called in sick so today is you're lucky day, you're gonna present your project alone"

Now soobin wasn't mad at yeonjun for ditching him on such an important day neither did he care about the presentation.

He was worried about the pretty boy and why he didn't show up. Yeonjun has never skipped school so if he did, it must've been a pretty good reason.

[ § ]

Soobin was walking on the busy street. He had just left school and now he was on his way to get answers to the questions that have been circling his head since the first class.

He had reached his destination. He nervously walked up to the door. Last time he came here wasn't under the best circumstances.

When the door opened he was greeted by a very non-pleasant smell of alcohol.

He tried to maintain a normal expression as he bowed to the lady in front of him, dressed in a short dress. She looked like she was about to go out.

Soobin looked around to see if he was at the right house. When it was confirmed he turned to her "hi is yeonjun home?"

"who are you" she scowled.

Soobin wasn't very happy at the tone but his first priority was yeonjun "I'm his friend"

She looked shocked for a second then looked soobin up and down "I don't know any yeonjun"

"I'm sure I'm at the right place though I've met him here once"

"well he's not here anymore. That brat ran away after stealing my ring"

Soobin was taken aback at the statement. There's no way he was gonna believe a single word that came out of this rude woman's mouth

"sorry to bother you" soobin left before the woman could even think of slamming the door in his face.

Soobin obviously wasn't happy when he didn't receive any satisfactory answers.

But it didn't make sense though. Yeonjun was here the other day which meant he lives here. Then why is he not there anymore?

And why did the woman mention him running away? Stealing? Yeonjun? Never.

Soobin made the mistake of not trusting yeonjun before, he won't do it again.

But right now, he needed to know if yeonjun was okay. So he decided to go to the only other place he could think of.