35. Family Reunion

[ 35 ]

Of all the days in his life, today was the day yeonjun least expected to be stuck in an awful situation like this.

His uncle was holding on to his arm while staring him down like he had stolen his alcohol.

Even though the man was drunk, his grip was still stronger than yeonjun who never really bothered to fight back whenever it came to his uncle.

"I haven't seen you around in a while" his breath smelled worse than dog poop which is what yeonjun thinks soobin would've said. Soobin. That's the only thing on yeonjun's mind right now

"How bout you get me some beer" much to yeonjun's dismay, he continued "that bitch who took you in like stray dog must pay you a lot for being the whore you are"

Yeonjun very much wanted to grab this guy's thick head and smash it into the wall nearby.

"hey you listenin?" yeonjun ignored him and looked around.

Yeonjun sighed. There was no jungkook or soobin around to save him this time. He was on his own and he needed to figure out how to get out of this situation himself.

But the moment yeonjun lifted his foot from the ground to kick the man in his balls a familiar voice caught his attention.

"you fucking bastard" the woman screamed as she walked towards them with one heel in her hand and the other on her foot.

"oh great" if one wasn't enough, yeonjun now has to deal with both of them. Isn't this one great family reunion.

Yeonjun glanced at his clock again. He needed to get out of here before his aunt can cause any more trouble for him.

While his uncle was distracted, yeonjun saw the perfect chance to free himself from the old man's grip. But he quickly pulled his otehr hand back when a heel flew towards his uncle's forearm.

If that heel was meant for yeonjun, then his aunt has really bad aim. But that seems almost impossible because that bitch was always throwing things at yeonjun and she never missed. Unless-

"where is my fucking necklace" she screamed at his husband.

"the fuck are you on about bitch, can't you see I'm busy" the old man yelled back

"I know you stole it to buy yourself some cheap beer but I have a party to attend so give me back my fucking necklace"

"and if I don't the fuck you gon' do"

"you don't want to know"

As much as yeonjun would love to stay and watch the drama unfold, he has somewhere to be and right now that is more important than anything.

So he turns around and start running faster than the cars on the road.

[ § ]

Soobin was now standing backstage with his friends surrounding him. They had managed to calm him down but yeonjun still hadn't arrived.

Soobin tried taking deep breaths thinking about things that calm him like yeonjun but thinking about yeonjun right now only stressed him out more.

A staff member walked up to them "choi soobin you're on in less than a minute stay ready"

"that's it I'm dead I'm gonna go out there and I'm not gonna see yeonjun and I'll embarrass myself and never show my face in public again"

"chill out coward"
"you're gonna do great"
"yeah just grow some balls and get out there"

Was all that supposed to help because it certainly didn't.

Soobin barely registered the host's voice saying his name before he was pushed on the stage with his guitar in his hands.

Soobin looked at the audience as he took slow steps towards the centre of the stage, where the standing mic was placed.

He turned towards the audience, there were a lot of people, it was hard to make our anyone's face.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them aagin his eyes landed on a familiar hooded figure in the corner of the room who looked like he was trying to catch his breath.

When yeonjun straightened up and looked towards the stage, his eyes met soobin's and they both let out a smile.

Soobin let out another breath and started strumming his guitar, his nerves had calmed down and the lyrics automatically started slipping from his mouth.

"별들도 잠에 든 이 밤
(Byeoldeuldo jam-e deun i bam)
익숙하고 낯선 이 강
(Igsughago nachseon i gang)
잿빛의 도시를 넘어가
(Jaesbich-ui dosileul neom-eoga)"