29. Don't Run

[ 29 ]

Soobin was confused as to why his boyfriend seemed very anxious and vary of his surroundings.

He kept fidgeting with his fingers, biting his nails, shaking his legs, he even kept his hood up throughout the day.

Being an extremely anxious person, soobin knows a panic attack when he sees one, and yeonjun had clearly experienced a few in just one day.

It didn't seem too bad to him, but he needed to be confronted before it got any worse.

"you okay?" soobin placed a hand on his shoulder.

Yeonjun looked at him, confused "what?"

"you seem stressed"

"oh it's nothing just some things on my mind" yeonjun gave a small smile, a genuine smile which calmed soobin a little.

"well I know just the thing to cheer you up" soobin grinned as he took out a piece of paper and showed it to the other.

"No way" yeonjun snatched the paper still careful not to damage it "you already submitted it?"

"yeah the list will be out after classes"

"why the sudden change of mind?"

"well I talked to mom" he inhaled "and dad and jiung and Kai and gyu and tae-"

"soobin" yeonjun stopped him from getting further off track.

"right. They all said I should try it out but most importantly, I did it for you"

Yeonjun looked up, a smile formed on his face despite the shock that statement gave him.

"and you most definitely will not regret it" yeonjun sounded more excited than soobin himself.

[ § ]

The two were headed towards a park for a small date.

They had gone to see the list for singing competition with the other three after all their classes had ended.

And they weren't surprised to see soobin's name on the list.

Soobin then decided to part ways and go on another date with yeonjun for a little celebration.

His doubtful attempt had somehow worked and managed to get rid of yeonjun's anxiety.

They settled down on a bench, this unspoken agreement between them to sit in complete peace and silence.

"hey binnie"

Soobin hummed, getting butterflies at the random nickname.

"I love you"

Soobin looked towards the latter who was busy staring at the sky. He smiled and scooted even closer to him.

"I love you too"

This time yeonjun look towards him and smiled. He sat up straight to face soobin properly but was distracted by a figure standing behind soobin.

He froze. Has he started seeing things now?

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear soobin calling out to him.

"jun"

"hmm" yeonjun finally looked towards the other.

"everything okay?"

"yeah um can we leave?" yeonjun said as his breathing got uneven

"but we just came" soobin frowned

"I'm just kinda tired" yeonjun got up and dusted his clothes off.

"uh... sure okay we can come back another time"

Soobin noticed how panicked he looked but decided not to comment.

But with every passing second, he felt yeonjun's breath quicken which made him worry.

"hey you okay"

Yeonjun flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to where he saw his aunt but she was no longer there.

"Where did she go"

"Who" soobin looked around in confusion.

"No one" yeonjun looked down, embarrassed about whatever just happened "let's just go back"

He was about to turn around but soobin stopped him "yeonjun you can always tell me what's wrong"

There was a moment of silence between them again.

"I just- I saw them I could've been mistaken but I'm sure I saw them but what if I'm just beeing paranoid and it's just stupid"

"It's not stupid, you just need to calm down and let it out" soobin assured him.

Yeonjun sighed and looked into soobin's sincere eyes. "They're everywhere, everywhere go I see them. It's almost as if they're following me. I'm tired of running away"

"Yeonjun"

He looks at him as the hand on his cheek wipes away the tear that unknowingly escaped his eye.

"Why are you running away?" Yeonjun blinks at the statement as soobin keeps his hands on the side of his face.

"You don't have to run. Face them. Because you aren't alone, we're all here with you and we won't let anything happen to you"

When yeonjun thought he couldn't fall any more for this boy, he was so wrong, because every time soobin says anything to him it makes him treasure the boy even more than he already did.

Soobin was perfect to him in every way possible.